cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how long did it take for a new phone to be approved?

Anonymous
Not applicable

My samsung s4 is basically a dud. It's been in and out of repairs since I got it in September for different things. Last week it bust again the 3rd time for same problem (it has been in for other issues too). I told the store I've had enough I'm fed up, I'm paying a premium for a tariff I can't use on a faulty phone and I want a different one. I was told company policy is it has to be repaired 3 times for same fault first if it busts again they they will look at swapping.

I got it back on Tuesday yesterday it broke again. Same fault. That's 4 times. I called the store who said they will email for clearance to give me a different one but could take a few WEEKS????? Meanwhile I'm stuck paying for my dud. 

How long does it usually take in people's experience? Also I'm fed up and lost confidence in samsung what do you think chances of a different phone are?

Cheers 

Message 1 of 10
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'd they agree an exchange and your current phone is still available then it's likely you'll get the same make and model.

You could speak to cs to enquire at what stage the situation is at. Contact us details are at the foot of the forum page.

You could at that point if getting the replacement sell it and use the funds to buy another phone sim free , on O2 payg or from places such as CEX.

Just one route to think about.
Message 2 of 10
9 REPLIES 9

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi.

I'd they agree an exchange and your current phone is still available then it's likely you'll get the same make and model.

You could speak to cs to enquire at what stage the situation is at. Contact us details are at the foot of the forum page.

You could at that point if getting the replacement sell it and use the funds to buy another phone sim free , on O2 payg or from places such as CEX.

Just one route to think about.
Message 2 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hadn't thought of that. I like my phone just lost confidence in this model. Cheers
Message 3 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Which after failing x4 times I'm not surprised. 😞

Has the Samsung Galaxy s5 caught your eye. wink
Message 4 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

No idea what's out there I haven't looked. I can't imagine I'd get an upgrade from them maybe an equivalent.

Message 5 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yes you'll should be offered the same make and model or if it's not available for whatever reason a make of similar specs.
Message 6 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable

I had very similar problems a couple of years ago now with the Galaxy S1. My phone went back 7 or 8 times with various problems and I was getting no-where and was told the same as you about it going back 3 times for the same issue.

I finally gave up talking to the unhelpful staff in my local shop and the customer service line so I phoned 02's head office and explained my frustration (was very nice about it) that I had been paying for a phone that I could not use and did not have for a number of weeks. The woman was very nice about it and very understanding, they then proceeded to take money off of my bill for the inconvinience and offered me a free upgrade to the Galsaxy S2 (this was not a new contract just continued on my old contract). The main reason for me contacting the head office was that all the store and customer service team would offer me was a phone at the current market value of the S1 which wasn't a lot as I was about 9 months into my contract and the S2 had just been released so really I was only being offered a downgrade.

I hope this is of some help in terms of what avenues you may be able to explore and I hope you get it sorted quickly.

Message 7 of 10

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149658 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28518 Solutions
Not sure what the faults are you are getting but it doesn't sound like they are been repaired properly.....
It's very unusual to get so many faults on one phone of any make but at least you have a 2 year warranty with Samsung (some other makers would leave you paying for your own repairs after 1 year).....
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 8 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I would push for a change of model after all the trouble you have had it's the least they can do
Message 9 of 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
I too would push for a change of model of you have lost confidence. I too have an S4 but have had good service from it so far (11 months old).

I can't see o2 upgrading you to an S5 although they have been offering some customers this route to upgrade recently
Message 10 of 10