cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

bristol 4g

Anonymous
Not applicable

can anyone tell me when 4g network is coming to Bristol area we are still waiting? 

Message 1 of 71
70 REPLIES 70

Anonymous
Not applicable
Can I add to your good news please @Anonymous that not only are o2 expanding 4g in Bristol (as part of Bristol is already 4g enabled) however they are also expanding into areas outside of Bristol itself. I have searched several areas to the East of Bristol such as Yatton Keynell, parts of Swindon to name but 2 and they are also showing as part of the next 3 months network improvement programme. I suspect areas around Chippenham likely to be next in line too.
Message 61 of 71

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

There hasbeen an update to the My Network app yesterday but I haven't been able to use it here. Anyone noticed any differences?

Message 62 of 71

MI5
  • 145040 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27831 Solutions
I'm not sure I even got an update !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 63 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
It is mainly cosmetic
Message 64 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Should add that if you are searching an area that is in the 3 month network modernisation programme, if you click on the network status icon it will now tell you about the forthcoming upgrade.
Message 65 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable

why have the O2 shops in Bristol been advertising and flogging the guts out of 4G for the past 18 months when there hasn't been a signal in the area?

only another three months to wait - if we can believe what we read. and only as long as you avoid the city centre and stay within the confines of Sleepy Hollow to the north of the city.

<slow handclap>

Message 66 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
O2 4g has been in parts of Bristol for a while now.

Also mobile phones are just that. Mobile. So whilst the 4g Network Modernisation Programme continues to expand (currently 51% of the population have outdoor 4g access) as people travel around they will use it.

The rollout is massive with the networks spending over £5 billion between them over the rollout period to deliver it. Yes we all want it now. It is coming to towns and cities first then rural. Most towns and cities will be complete by end 2015 with 98% of population by end 2017.
Message 67 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
just reporting I have in my home address weak 4G signal. fishponds
Message 68 of 71

jonsie
  • 93253 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

They are rolling 4G out to you....

Live results for Fishponds, Bristol, England (Region)

• Sorry a phone mast close to you isn't working

This means you might experience problems making calls, using the internet, or sending/receiving emails.

Our Network modernisation programme to improve 2G and 3G coverage and roll out 4G has reached this area. It does mean that you may experience intermittent service on your mobile device while our engineers 'do their thing'.

We’re sorry about that, but we’ll do our best to minimise any impact to your signal.

Updated 10:30 (refreshed hourly). Recent faults might not show yet.

• Normal coverage for Voice, text and email (2G)
      Making calls, sending texts, using email on your phone.
      Good indoors and outdoors.

• Normal coverage for Mobile internet and voice (3G)
      Fast networking. For smartphones, dongles and tablets.
      Good indoors and outdoors. Good for mobile broadband.

• Normal coverage for Mobile Internet (4G)
      Seamless connectivity and mobile internet.
      Sorry, we do not have coverage here.

Message 69 of 71

Anonymous
Not applicable
Expect to see the 4g strength come and go during the testing phase. At times it will be strong, other times it may be weaker.

Once testing is finished, HURRAH, you will be 4g ready.

The rollout appears to be gathering pace since January.
Message 70 of 71