Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Your feedback on the Community Search page

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, I hope you're having a good day today!

As you may know, we've been doing some work in the background to improve the community forum and continue doing that in 2018. One of the areas we will be looking at is the Search page of the community. 

Since you guys as community members are using the search the most, we'd like to ask what you think of the current forum Search, and if there's anything that you would improve?

We're especially looking for your opinions on how to improve the search results page.

Looking forward to your thoughts. slight_smile

Feedback Thanks!

Message 1 of 69
68 REPLIES 68

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

Hopefully we will find out just a clue about t'others clownLOL

I can't think who you might mean @jonsie LOL

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 51 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

Am I odd because I do use O2 community search 'button' ... ?

I plead that it's because of my office background ... LOL

Message 52 of 69

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38287 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Not odd because you use it, but definitely unique if it gives you precisely, or even vaguely, what you were looking for in the results, I'd say... :smileywink:Smiley Very Happy

Message 53 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@pgn wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Not odd because you use it, but definitely unique if it gives you precisely, or even vaguely, what you were looking for in the results, I'd say... :smileywink:Smiley Very Happy

thank you @pgn ... I have a poor short-term retentive memory ... & ... I use the button to say search for a post if I've forgotten where it was for info ... I find it difficult to phrase the question to Google ... I have my Lumia 650 lte thread & go back on there to remind myself ... initially I wrote it all down longhand style in a paper book, but it ended up too time consuming ... I've been on the community about 4 years & went into it feet 1st with my thread on IT definitions ... it was rather late on a Saturday night & a bit of a niss-take ensued ... however ... I'm a good sport & they were serious with me in the end ... I just wished to know eg tablet / notebook / mp3 player were all about ... it was @Bambino who told me 'Google is your Friend'

I'm very grateful for all the tech help (& laughs) I have on the community ... smile

Message 54 of 69

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38287 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1729 Solutions

Bambino has that right, @Anonymous- Google *is* your friend. I think I'd be lost without it, y'know. 8ball

Message 55 of 69

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
You're not alone there @pgn, so would I for so many things not just community searches.
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 56 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:
You're not alone there @pgn, so would I for so many things not just community searches.

I'm allus saying in the pub = I'll Google that when I get home ... it's just I'm inept at asking it specifically tech things

Message 57 of 69

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Its funny you mention the spotlight at this point @jonsie@Glory1! Keep an eye on the off topic sections over the next few weeks. wink

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 58 of 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Its funny you mention the spotlight at this point @jonsie@Glory1! Keep an eye on the off topic sections over the next few weeks. wink

Good news @Martin-O2 

Image result for spotlight images

Message 59 of 69

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93932 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions