Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will this become a legal issue?

Praxsta
Level 1: Joiner
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Before going on holiday I had a look at the O2 website which states that I will be notified when I have used £20 and £40 worth of data, I thought that seems fair. I "used" data at an airport where the screen was blank and nothing was loading, I thought nothing of it. Same happened for the next airport I arrived at although this time it loaded up for about 30 seconds.
During my holiday I had my mobile data off and I thought all was well until I arrived back to the UK to receive a text from O2 saying that I've been charged £230. I checked back on the website and it clearly states that I will be notified for when I've reached £40 worth of data. I called up the moment I got the text and I talked to a lady who claimed that the charge went through because I had a good credit rating. Possibly the most stupid thing I've heard considering it doesn't state anywhere anything of the sort and it seemed she was talking out of her backside to waste time. She said she will put my account under investigation and I will be notified within five working days. I received no call. I called up on the sixth working day to check what was going on and another lady stated that it does say for her to contact me and that she will notify her immediately and will call me back the same day. That didn't happen either. I called up on the seventh working day and a gentleman said that he will look into it and said that it is a complicated issue and I will have to call up the escalation department the next day. It is now the next day, my phone is not registered on the network and everyday I'm stress out more and more over this because O2 is refusing to cooperate with me. It's reaching a point where it's affecting my everyday life and it's bothering me. Is it possible to take legal action over this?
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Praxsta
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Apologies for the lack of paragraphs and errors, kind of rush-typed it on the phone
Message 2 of 25

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions
All we can suggest is that you log a complaint.
Resolver is known to get good results http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 25

Praxsta
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
O am unable to use my phone anymore and I'm still being charged for my regular bill along with the £230 and it feels like I am being scammed
Message 4 of 25

Praxsta
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
Thanks
Message 5 of 25

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Praxsta ........do you mean O2 have blocked your phone/SIM because you have not paid the £230 ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 6 of 25

MI5
  • 144206 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27635 Solutions

@Beenherebefore wrote:

@Praxsta ........do you mean O2 have blocked your phone/SIM because you have not paid the £230 ?

Ironically, in these situations, they may block the phone if they suspect fraud due to a lost or stolen device!

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 7 of 25

Praxsta
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I honestly don't know if they've blocked me because of this or whether there's an issue with the service or my phone. My phone has stopped working from yesterday and I have not used it for anything, nor did it do any sort of update. I called them via an alternative phone and the gentleman said that a mast was undergoing repairs hence I had no service, however I'm now in a different area where everyones service is working fine except for mine.
Message 8 of 25

Praxsta
  • 10 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
I've submitted a complaint via Revolver, really hope it helps. It's reached a point where I'm stressing far too much over it. £230 is a lot for me, that's about two months worth of food
Message 9 of 25

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

@Praxsta ....so the £230 is unpaid ?

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 10 of 25