Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Why is getting a refund from o2 so f**king painful??? Part: Lord Alone Knows

empressmittens
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ordered a laptop, specs weren't as advertised, returned it literally the next day.  

Return email sent, with corrupted PDFs attached - meant spending another 30 minutes or so with customer services trying to sort it out.

Royal Mail tracking shows package delivered.  Try tracking return process online, 'repair not found'...two phone calls to number on screen, can only confirm what I already know from using Royal Mail tracking, that it's been received.

Today I've just spent an HOUR AND A HALF in chat, finally get told that yes, laptop has been marked as returned so agent will close the account while I'm in chat...I've just checked o2 and the number connected with the laptop is still showing.   Was also told that I WOULDN'T get an email confirming return/refund 'but this chat is confirmation'...of course when I go to get the whole HOUR AND A HALF chat emailed to me...the o2 website crashes.  

So now I've got no proof and will have to waste yet more HOURS trying to sort this out.

So bloody painful! 

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10673 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3095 Solutions

@empressmittens 

1. You should always call about these things, as live chat is not to be relied upon. 

2. A signature at a warehouse just means that they have received the bulk delivery from Royal Mail, they dont sign for all individual Items. 

3. It can take 24 hours for the system to show its not connected to an account. 

4. It will need to be checked to make sure you haven't damaged it, sent back a brick or something else (it does happen). 

5. It can take 14 days for the refund to appear with your bank. 

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 2 of 3

empressmittens
  • 13 Posts
  • 6 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

6.  I already know all that, I've been a customer since o2 were Cellnet

Unfortunately in the 37 years since then the Customer Service has really gone downhill. 

Message 3 of 3