Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Which Device?

Rbarkley82
Level 4: Observant
  • 169 Posts
  • 26 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Im due to reupgrade since O2 messed up my upgrade but thinking of changing my phone.

Should I go for the Oppo Find X3 Pro or the Sony Xperia 1 iii?

Advice from anyone who has these devices would be great.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

On paper they both look good. Sony seems like it would be more safe choice if you are not familiar with non-Google AOSP software though.

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 2 of 3

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12069 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

Funnily enough those were my choices when looking to upgrade from an LG v30.

Having had a previous Sony phone before (the old Z1) the Xperia 1iii would have been my preferred choice but it would have cost way more than the X3 Pro (about £10 per month).

I got the X3 Pro at the start of October and really am happy with it. There are only 3 differences that are slightly annoying.

The first is that the main speaker is on the bottom of the phone next to the USB C port.

The Xperia has the speaker at the bottom edge of the screen.

This means that sound comes towards you rather than across you as on the X3.

The second is that the X3 doesn't have take a micro SD card, so you can't expand the memory. 

This is not such an issue as it comes with 256Gb internal memory so plenty of room for everything.

Finally there is no headphone jack on the X3. Most of my headphones are bluetooth, but it is something to be aware of.

Apart from that I am very pleased with the phone - it's quick, the photos I have taken are clear with lots of detail (I am no expert!) and the screen is bright and colours look great.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 3 of 3