Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where Is Everybody?

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions
The forum is dead. Very few questions being asked. Very little chat in Off Topic. Few new topics being raised.

What's happened and why?

Any suggestions, ideas on revival most welcome. As at the moment it appears to be dying and I for one don't want to see that happen.

Help urgently needed!
Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 1 of 19
18 REPLIES 18

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22935 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions
@Glory1 I think the introduction of the new home page has confused many people, and they don't know how to post questions. Unless some changes are made I think it could be the forum's demise.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 19

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

To be honest, I thought the forum was becoming very quiet before the introduction of the new layout.

It seemed we were welcoming less people over the last 4 weeks or so.

However, it seems to be getting worse, so I would have to put that down to the new forum layout.

I can't think of any other reason.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@Bambino and @Cleoriff I agree with both of you.

The forum was going quiet before the new layout but the new layout has definitely made it worse, without question.

I'm all for a new look and an updating of the forum if it makes it easier to use and/or move about. Unfortunately the new layout has failed on both counts.

Also it's not been designed with the regulars in mind, only with newbies most of whom post once never to return. Forgive me for thinking it's us regulars that keep this forum going!

Perhaps a rethink is in order?

Message 4 of 19

blissgirl
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 6973 Posts
  • 46 Topics
  • 3 Solutions
I'm here I just lurk alot slight_smile
iPhone 15 plus 128Gb light pink (with Vodafone) slight_smile
Message 5 of 19

Glory1
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@blissgirl wrote:

Well stop lurking woman and speak up joy

Message 6 of 19

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Glory1 wrote:

@blissgirl wrote:

Well stop lurking woman and speak up joy

@blissgirl you like posting on the 'What I am Listening to' thread smiling

I am generally confined to Off-Topic as I have very little IT knowledge to impart

I agree with @Glory1 @Bambino & @Cleoriff above

It has taken me until yesterday to discover how to search for the boards ... since the change I have been using 'unread posts' to access the boards from there slight_frown

Message 7 of 19

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions
This is why I posted my how to get more members post etc the community seams to be dying on its feet so to speak !
iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 8 of 19

Mi-Amigo
Level 47: Going Places
  • 25016 Posts
  • 802 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

As a newby, may I offer my observations?

I found the search facility particularly helpful and, as I mentioned on another topic, it was thanks to the posts on this forum I have been able to resolve an issue I had with unsolicited texts I was charged for.

I did find it a bit hard to find out how to post and/or set up a new topic when I first registered, but stuck with it and have now got the hang of it.

I am not technically minded and somewhat of a technophobe, so this is definitely a help to oldies like me but hopefully I`ll be able to make contributions to the off-topic threads.

I guess that many folks might come and view - as I did - but perhaps it needs something to encourage them to join and take part - well that`s my view

animated-elephant-image-0327

Girl in a jacket

Some people see things as they are and ask "Why?"; I dream of things that never were and ask "Why not?"
Robert Kennedy.

Message 9 of 19

Titanium
Level 2: Apprentice
  • 42 Posts
  • 5 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've been a member of this forum for about a year now.  I still find this forum quite difficult to access and navigate if I'm honest, I'm on an awful lot of forums for other subjects so it's not that I'm new to them lol.

Originally signed up to asked a question i couldn't find an answer for, and whilst it turned out there was no 'fix' for my problem, I found the regulars to be very quick, knowledgeable and helpful!

Due to the nautre of the forum though, I find it quite difficult to keep involved.  I'm a very light phone user and not really interested in them tbh so I've only had one further question to ask since.  I dont have the knowledge to be able to answer other peoples questions.  I posted a few times over the xmas period in the advent calendar posts.  But again since then haven't really found anything to comment on, then forgot about it for a few weeks until I received an email.

It's a decent forum with a lot of knowledgeable people so I'd like to see it kept active, but I'm not really sure of how that could be improved unfortunately!

Message 10 of 19