cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What planet are O2 Online Advisors on?

Anonymous
Not applicable

Me: Hi, I'd like to change my payment details please. I have tried to do it online, but I received an error message. 

O2: Sure. I'll be happy to help you with that. (O2's standard scripted response)

So, I went through the security check etc... 

O2: Could you please give me the date of your direct debit? 

Me: The 2nd of each month I think. This will be my first bill so I am not sure. 

O2: OK, no problem. Please give me a few minutes while I check for you. 

So, a few minutes later: 

O2: Hi __________, I have now changed the date for your direct debit. 

Me: I DID NOT ASK YOU TO CHANGE THE DATE OF MY DIRECT DEBIT. I ASKED IF I COULD CHANGE MY PAYMENT DETAILS. 

O2: Log in to your account, enter your PIN number, and you can change your payment details that way. 

Me: I HAVE ALREADY TRIED THAT. CAN YOU READ WHAT I SAID AT THE BEGINNING OF THIS CHAT? I AM UNABLE TO CHANGE MY PAYMENT DETAILS ON THE O2 WEBSITE, WHICH IS WHY I AM NOW SPEAKING WITH YOU! 

O2: You can call O2 customer services on 202 from your mobile phone or 0844 809 0202 from a landline. 

I then ended the chat before I started swearing. 

Honestly, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD O2, PLEEEEEAAAASSSE EMPLOY SOME ONLINE ADVISORS WHO CAN UNDERSTAND WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT!!! 

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Anonymous
Not applicable

Using capital letters means you are shouting, so calm down a little & phone cs on 202 as you will get a different advisor & a better response there

Message 2 of 24

process
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am with the original poster, that has been my experience, stock reply without first being fully understood by the advisor.

Message 3 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@process wrote:
I am with the original poster, that has been my experience, stock reply without first being fully understood by the advisor.

Not in here please, it makes the forum a bit messy! slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 4 of 24

process
  • 6 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions
im sure there will be an advisor, only with a "i can help you with that" response should that happen...ha ha
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't forget that it is their second language and to answer queries quickly, some of the responses will be scripted. That said, it is one of the poorest responses I've seen and across 02, T-Mobiles and Vodafones web chat I've seen some bad ones.

Its the company that's to blame for paying someone peanuts to answer customers in a foreign language and not the advisors fault.

Message 6 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

I believe the advisors should be people who have English as their first language. This country has worrying levels of unemployment so why not give people in Britain the jo?

Message 7 of 24

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Cheaper workers, job sorted
Message 9 of 24

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
Cheaper workers, job sorted

If only it were that simple!

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 10 of 24