cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What are o2 doing with my money?

Anonymous
Not applicable
I ordered an iPhone for my girlfriend over 2 weeks ago.
I called o2 a few hours after placing the order to see if all the checks they had to do were completed and successful.
I was told that the order was complete and would be delivered on the Monday (3 days after placing order)
Monday came and no phone arrived, so I call them to see what was going on.
I was told the phone was out of stock and that I would have to wait to see if I was going to be allocated a phone from the next batch.
A day passed and I heard nothing, so I call again.
The lady was very polite and saw that a order was being delivered to o2 on that day, so she emailed the dispatch department and asked that one was sent out to me.
She explained that it would take a while to get a reply from the dispatch department and that she would herself call me to confirm the delivery later that day.
I received no call from this lady and had to call again to find out what was happening.
The lady that was dealing with my call this time could see from my notes that this other lady was meant to call me back and chased it up.
She finds out that the day I placed the order the fraud team had put it on hold until I had answered further security questions.
This is the first I have heard of this and this is a week later.
So I have been told numerous things over the period of a week, but have not been contacted about this.
Now I am feeling that I have been lied to because these people are not trained to do there job properly.
If they was then I would have been told about the security questions that needed answering and my order would have been complete after 2 or three days.
I had enough by the time I finally got to the truth and cancelled my order.
At the time of cancelling the order I asked the chap who took my call how long it would take for o2 to refund my card, he told me "five days"
After five days no money was refunded to my card so I called and asked where it was.
I was told that it could take up to ten days!
So now I am feeling like I have been lied to one too many times.
I ask the guy why it takes so long and what o2 are doing with my money whilst it is in their possession.
He has no answer apart from "that's just how it works"
So what are o2 doing with my money?
Do they bank it and get interest on it?
Why should it take 10 working days to get it back?
All I can say is thank god the iphone is coming to orange and voda soon!
I have a o2 contract and so do many of my family, I will be moving on and so will they once all of out contracts are up.

Is there a complaint's email address for o2 at all, so I can show them this post?
Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
cheers fella!
Message 3 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93343 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi Allgoodh,
i am in the same situation as u where then. O2 took my money and cancelled my order lying that i told them to !!!. how long after did u get refund and did u chase o2 for apology or something??/
Message 5 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't know anything about your situation. But why do people think they have been lied to, just because you don't understand why something was said.
For example, when you say you were told that you had requested the order cancelled. Was that a lie? Or was a third party trying to defraud you? Or was it a computer error? Or was it some other issue wrongly classified? Unless, you investigate (ie complain) you'll never know.
Message 6 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable
When you use a card for payment, the retailer doesn't get the money straight away. The soonest will be the next day, but with some card processing companies it can be weeks.
The same thing applies to refunds, although (say) O2 process the refund within a few days; it can take a few more before it is back on your card.
Some processing companies take longer than others. The longest I've known was a refund in Burtons. I was there when the refund when through the till, it didn't arrive back on my credit cards for nearly two weeks.
Message 7 of 7