Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Webpage :-(

bmarton
Level 1: Joiner
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi, every month I download my bill and get a pdf to save in my Qutebrowser. Except today, I got a .pdf file which was in fact an html file saying"PDF Bill unavailable
EBPP_1506: We're sorry, we are unable to display your bill as a PDF in this browser, please try using the latest version of Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Safari or Chrome as your browser".

Just to check I tried Firefox and Chromium, a fancy new window showing the embedded bill pops up. What's the need for this fancyness? And is O2 now Explorer, Firefox, Safari or Chrome only??? There a few more browsers out there. I just want to download a pdf file, shouldn't be rocket science. unamused

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 92910 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I have no problem with Firefox. For customers who do have issues, IE seems to work best.

Message 2 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 go with the most popular browsers from which security can be guaranteed.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 8

bmarton
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Well, if any of the webmasters read this, it's really not nice to exclude all but a few mainstream browsers. Mine is based on Chromium, it's secure and can do everything in the whole world Firefox or Chrome can, except download the O2 bill.

Message 4 of 8

MI5
  • 143403 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
It's unlikely to change anything but admin will feedback for you.
@EmilieT @Marjo @Martin-O2
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 8

bmarton
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks.

Message 6 of 8

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Cheers for the mention on this one @MI5wink

@bmarton We can certainly ask if there's a reason that some web browsers are not compatible with the billing pages. I'll see what I can find out for you. I'll give you a shout when I have any info. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 7 of 8

bmarton
  • 11 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thank you, Martin.

Message 8 of 8