Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Voice and data issues for the last year

Thargoid
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I changed from EE a year ago and I have to say, I have been mightily unimpressed with your service levels.

Let's take phone calls to start with; your bread and butter. Why can't I receive calls from my wife? I get a notification she tried to ring hours later. This is from within my home or in my garden or on my street. Sometimes even in town. The point is, it happens frequently and until I used O2, I never experienced this issue, certainly not in the last decade or more.

And data; half the time I can't connect. I have H+ as the connection option about 80% or more of the time. There's no real 4g connectivity down in Exeter. Have friends who say the same.

So what is it I'm paying for apart from appalling QoS and friction because calls don't get through?

I've heard this is a huge issue in the South West so do you have plans to resolve it in the next 12 months? I'd rather hope it would be in the next week but having experienced this for a year, I'm unsure you'll be able to meet customer expectations as the poor service thread has been going for a while now and there hasn't been any change.

Your status map tells me that I should be patient as the area I live in is usually overstretched and you are looking into it. Not sure that's really acceptable to be honest. Stick another mast in, do something at least. Just don't leave us paying full whack for crap service when other areas get what they pay for....

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 124292 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7524 Solutions

Hi @Thargoid 

Your best bet is to make a complaint. https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain 

If you look through the guide you will note mention of Resolver. They usually have good results if you use them to help with complaints https://www.resolver.co.uk/ 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7130 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Well, as this is a customer to customer forum we cannot answer your question.

Yes, O2 is poor in places and certainly oversubscribed for the bandwidth available. Part of that is down to how the network was set up and configured in the first place but there has been little attempt to improve things compared with other networks.

Sadly, you can't just put up another mast it literally can take years to find a location, get planning permission and lay cables for thr backhaul.

All I can suggest is you download the My Network App and keep reporting. If you've friends do too it may help push your area up the list for improvement.

Other than that you will have to vote with your feet.

Guide: How can I sort out my network issues? 

Guide: Is the network down for me or everyone? 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 4

Andy01
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

You say that o2 is poor in some areas but they don’t tell you that when you take out a contract ? Maybe if I cancel my contract because o2 are in breach of there contract ?

Message 4 of 4