Did you mean: 

Voice & Data

Rhyddian
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

[Removed]

please can you sort this out, the whole village is having problems with voice and data on O2, Giffgaff, Tesco and Sky, we need help and an engineer to visit to see the problem themselves. 
We are cut off from the outside world due to signal dropping out all the time, it’s been getting worse over the past four months and we are desperate, please help

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147060 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28288 Solutions

@Rhyddian 

This is a customer to customer community, not O2.
You need to contact O2.
Message them on Social Media. Facebook (https://o2uk.co/O2CFB) , Twitter (https://o2uk.co/O2CTW) or Instagram (https://o2uk.co/O2CIG) or give them a call on 202 or 0344 809 0202 (contract) 4445 or 0344 8090222 (PAYG)

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10676 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3098 Solutions

@Rhyddian 

If at the holiday park, ask the owners to put there hands in the pockets and pay towards a local mast, as o2 don't guarantee 100% coverage and looking at Cell Mapper there are no masts that officially cover that post code...

So sending an engineer will do nothing as there is nothing for them to fix, as you are in zero coverage area...

These are the only masts close by 

madasaf1sh_1-1692291660077.png

I would be looking at paying off your contracts, getting some PAYG sims and testing, then moving to a new network

Or getting the community to contribute to a Mast or as I said getting the holiday park to contribute, or looking at things like B4RN or anywhere sims

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Rhyddian
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

1 mast is only 1700m away line of sight never had any issue before and O2 has 4G signal inside and out, that’s why I’ve requested a engineer to see if there is an issue with anything, one can hope….

Message 4 of 6

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10676 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3098 Solutions

@Rhyddian 

You still wont get an engineer out via this forum, you need to contact o2... 

And o2 will decide if an engineer needs to visit, and will schedule one in if required

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 5 of 6

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7130 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1589 Solutions

Holiday parks in an area are the bane of networks. More and more residents are getting 4G routers and unlimited data SIM cards and each one, on average puts a bigger strain on the network, more so than phones.

O2 don't generally have good bandwidth and the cell gets swamped, particularly in summer months.

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 6