Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin moved me over to o2 and the service is worse

SirSpookington
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was moved from Virgin Media to o2 recently and I went into Bournemouth during the weekend since I am local to the area and somehow the service is worse?!

I looked on the network status page and I have noticed that 'essential' maintenance has been going on for 2+ months now so I am wondering if I should switch to a different network because I get the feeling that the maintenance text box is just a way of saying 'we aren't gonna do anything about it'.

Anyone got any insight into how long these 'essential' maintenances take to complete?

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

Bambino
Level 85: Esteemed
  • 24077 Posts
  • 1049 Topics
  • 3778 Solutions

@SirSpookington We are all customers so no one here would have any insight into how long the maintenance will take. Only thing you can do is get Pay & Go sims from the other networks to see if you'd be getting a better signal from one of them. If you do, then it's time to switch providers. If you don't then you may as well stay where you are until the repairs are completed.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 2 of 7

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94426 Posts
  • 611 Topics
  • 7033 Solutions
Message 3 of 7

KTNairn
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m in the same position though in Scotland. I’ve been advised after trying to find out information that the ‘essential work’ should be complete by Saturday🤬🤬. Now Virgin was not without issues but this is just ridiculous. Going to research alternative mobile provider. 

Message 4 of 7

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 8137 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 1664 Solutions

The signal you get on O2 should be the same as Virgin as they moved on to O2 signal over 6 months ago.

Guide: Cancelling Your Contract 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 5 of 7

HHGTTG
Level 3: Thinker
  • 99 Posts
  • 24 Topics
  • 1 Solutions

I'm in the same boat, really as my 4G signal indoors has been practically non-existent for several weeks now on o2, whereas a standby phone with a 1p  mobile SIM (on EE) runs perfectly OK  in both phones. The Network status is a joke as my nearest mast an several others within 2 to 3 miles seem to be problematic according to the My Network App. I have thought of changing to BT mobile (EE) as I have Broadband with them and all I want is a simple Data and free texts and calls. My patience is running out and I'm naïve enough to think things will improve. However, I do wonder whether the excessive tree foliage this year has something to do with this. 

Message 6 of 7

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38863 Posts
  • 243 Topics
  • 1743 Solutions

A lot going on in the cellular arena these days in the UK, @HHGTTG (great handle, by the way!) - see here: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Discussions-Feedback/3G-switch-off-dates-for-UK-networks/m-p/1622667/h...

Don't Panic!

Message 7 of 7