Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Very Frustrated

Frustrated5
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Purchased an S23 Ultra in early Oct 2023 and upgraded to a new monthly contract from a sim only. Also wanted the Ear buds but - guess what - no code/email/offer sent to me etc. I have called on a number of occasions - every time I was told - no problem - it will be sorted! So last Wed (21st Dec) I phoned again and this time decided I would not release the line until the problem was resolved. It took over an hour to get to manager level and then another half an hour to be given a £25 token. I was assured that my file now has a huge flag on it and that someone would call back!!!!!! Ha! That has not happened. So, the solution - I have completed a form for the Small Claims Court which will cost me £35. This will be sent online shortly. I will apply for the cost of the buds plus an admin fee taking the claim to £249. On completion of the court case O2 will have to refund me the £35 pounds as well. Had to do the same with Booking.com - they backed down and paid up - cost them far more than the original. Does O2 really want to turn up at a court to contest such a tiny sum? Of course not!   

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11576 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Frustrated5 

Good Luck, but have you followed the o2 complaints process before going down the nuclear route?? Or are you just a serial Small Claims Court user,

Have you been to the Ombudsman?  Have you read any of the guides on here Guide: Gift with Purchase  

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 3

Oxonian
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 9268 Posts
  • 218 Topics
  • 26 Solutions

@Frustrated5 

Last Wednesday was not 21 December - it was 20 December. 

If you really only spoke to O2 two or three days ago, I suggest that you hold fire on complaining and taking legal action. The settlement - including the token - might well have to be authorised and transmitted to you. If you do not hear from O2 by say 2 January 2024, why not chase them up again ?

I fully appreciate your frustration but surely you want your buds and token, not an argument in court ?  

Message 3 of 3