Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VAT invoices

JJ14
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 2 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

VAT is the LAW, not a "a-la-carte" optional that anyone can just opt out if they "are not in the mood" to output VAT invoices. If I pay VAT, I have the RIGHT to claim it back, this money does not belong to O2, they can not just keep it. Imagine if I'd start to behave like this... not giving my clients their VAT invoice... I'd have the HMRC to my doorsteps the next day.

Message 1 of 6
5 REPLIES 5

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36196 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 10230 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 3014 Solutions

So you are basically breaching the terms and conditions that you signed upto by using a consumer contract instead of a business contract which would have the VAT breakdown on it already so you can claim the VAT back... 

And yes charging VAT is the law, but on consumer contracts there is no legal obligation to show the vat element on a bill, as the prices are all inclusive if VAT... 

Think o2 need to terminate your contract for breach of the terms and conditions you agreed to...  

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 6

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5990 Posts
  • 103 Topics
  • 22 Solutions

@madasaf1sh 

I have just posted words to that effect on the "alternative" thread that @pgn has linked to above. It effectively seems that business customers want their VAT invoice so that they can reclaim the VAT suffered and benefit from treating the cost of their 'phone as a business expense, but also want the cheaper prices of consumer or personal contracts.    

Message 4 of 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144677 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27732 Solutions

Pointless movement of posts just creating unnecessary duplicates.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 5 of 6

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36196 Posts
  • 231 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Relocation of a third of the original 3 posts, removal of the 2nd, and leaving the third in the thread from 2019, I think is the cause - no duplication, just repetitive responses without tags and inadequate moderation.

Message 6 of 6