cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Usa charges

Anonymous
Not applicable
I went to the USA for 2 weeks. I hadnt planned on using any data and just connecting using wifi.

When i turned my phone on i got a txt from o2 outlining the charges and that for £4.99 i could get unlimited data, txts and calls and text travel to sign up.

I decided to not take any chances and texted travel. I waited for a reply saying 'thanks we'll add o2 travel to your account'.

I assumed it was active and started using data. When i checked my bill i was charged £36 for data that day. I contacted o2 chat who said it was for data before o2 travel was activated as it could take up to 24hours. No where in the initial text or the text to say its been added was this mentioned. O2 chat gave me a link and said its listed there but if i had of clicked that while in the USA it would have defeated the purpose and would have been charged.

Accessing the internet in the USA was patchy and slow and wasnt even worth the £60 for 14 days never mind the additional charges.

Has anyone had any joy getting these additional charges refunded? I mean if the text had said ' thanks we'll add o2 travel to your account. It can take 24 hours to be activated' at least i would have known.
Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144299 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27660 Solutions
Escalate it to a complaint using Resolver and there's a good chance you'll get refunded.
Details on link
http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 2