cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Loyalty, meh

Anonymous
Not applicable
Been with o2 for many years and come to end of contract. Fancied an S8 + and asked what they could do for me. Answer was nothing. Won't budge on any aspect and can only get sane deal as new customers. O2 obviously have far too many customers as it is and so see no need to keep me. Shame really, all I was looking for was a gesture, like knocking of the 9.99 upfront fee for the handset, something that said they appreciated my business, but alas it was not to be.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

PhoneChanger
Level 30: Meditator
  • 1343 Posts
  • 65 Topics
  • 101 Solutions
Loyalty doesn't matter to O2 anymore, they don't need to offer this to customers. They treat each customer the same.

Just make sure before you leave to another network that the next network has the phone and tariff at the price you want to pay and that the coverage is good
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Yup, I'm gutted to be honest, you would think that with the competition in the market that they would try and keep your business but obviously not.
Message 3 of 11

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Have you spoken to cancellations? Call and ask for your pac, quote some competitors prices 😉
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 4 of 11

Cleoriff
  • 122924 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7469 Solutions

The only way you can negotiate a deal at all is by calling CS and asking to be put through to retentions. as if you are leaving. It's not a guaranteed ploy but works for some.You may be offered a discount or somesuch. It really is dependent on the advisor you speak to > I am on the same sim only contract as another forum member. His is £2.00 a month cheaper than mine. He haggled. I did not wink

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 11

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Retentions is the only way to go to get a discount and don't forget its a free call with a redial button...... 

Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was told that as the phone was on" pre order" that they had been told point blank that they could not do any deals. What difference that makes is beyond me, but they were categorical that they wouldn't budge. Take it or leave it was the gist
Message 7 of 11

MI5
  • 144338 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27669 Solutions
They take the same stance on any new phone launch.
They will sell the phones without offering any discount as so many people are queuing up for them.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Been with o2 for many years and come to end of contract. Fancied an S8 + and asked what they could do for me. Answer was nothing. Won't budge on any aspect and can only get sane deal as new customers. O2 obviously have far too many customers as it is and so see no need to keep me. Shame really, all I was looking for was a gesture, like knocking of the 9.99 upfront fee for the handset, something that said they appreciated my business, but alas it was not to be.

I'd be more unhappy if I couldn't get the same deal as new customers, which is what happens with a lot of companies. But loyalty is rarely repaid nowdays, so don't be afraid to vote with your feet. I've been with all the main networks at least once (and a fair few MVNOs besides), and I can say the same about most banks and insurance companies as well.

Message 9 of 11

jonsie
  • 93229 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6978 Solutions

Then I would say thanks for nothing, I'll leave it and then if Refresh isn't an issue, march into CPW with my money. These companies tend to forget that our money spends anywhere and our money keeps them and their directors living high in the land of La La. 

Message 10 of 11