cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Uploading pics to your album.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Doesn't work less from my tablet less it's an avatar in which case it finds my file system. For in post uploads all I get is 'select images' and a circle, circling, Is this a known bug or something I can fix?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93294 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6985 Solutions

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:
When you upload to a post, aren't you, in effect, uploading to your public album, @Martin-O2?

Yes you are @pgn. I have so many in my album I have had a clearout yesterday as it wouldn't allow me to post any more. It said my album was full...:smileysad:

The problem is when you delete from album it automatically deletes those in the post you made....

And that's why so many older threads don't have images, just a box with a big red cross. 

Message 11 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@jonsie wrote:

@Cleoriff wrote:

@pgn wrote:
When you upload to a post, aren't you, in effect, uploading to your public album, @Martin-O2?

Yes you are @pgn. I have so many in my album I have had a clearout yesterday as it wouldn't allow me to post any more. It said my album was full...:smileysad:

The problem is when you delete from album it automatically deletes those in the post you made....

And that's why so many older threads don't have images, just a box with a big red cross. 

Yes I made a mistake when deleting. I have just noticed in the F1 thread I actually deleted two images I posted 2 weeks ago. Now  left with a big white box with the red cross in it cry

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 12 of 22

Martin-O2
  • 8165 Posts
  • 772 Topics
  • 94 Solutions

Hey @pgn as @Cleoriff and @jonsie have quite rightly pointed out posting an image to the Community will automatically add it to your album. I'm still looking into why you're having issues doing it the other way round. 

COVID-19 support - Help and support from O2 during the lockdown
Access for You: Registration - Find out how to register for our Access for You service.
Just joined the community or thinking of registering? Check out this handy starter guide!
Have a query about your account? login to My O2 for help

If you'd like to take part, why not register? slight_smile
signature

Message 13 of 22

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey pgn as Cleoriff and jonsie have quite rightly pointed out posting an image to the Community will automatically add it to your album. I'm still looking into why you're having issues doing it the other way round. 

I have never tried to do it the other way around, @Martin-O2:all the pics in my public album are there because I have added them to posts on the forum somewhere. I am interested in finding out what the "Private" album is for... must go search the guides and see just what that bit of the Lithium ecosystem's meant to be used for!

Message 14 of 22

Glory1
Level 43: Bright Spark
  • 10294 Posts
  • 85 Topics
  • 123 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

@Martin-O2 wrote:

Hey pgn as Cleoriff and jonsie have quite rightly pointed out posting an image to the Community will automatically add it to your album. I'm still looking into why you're having issues doing it the other way round. 

I have never tried to do it the other way around, @Martin-O2:all the pics in my public album are there because I have added them to posts on the forum somewhere. I am interested in finding out what the "Private" album is for... must go search the guides and see just what that bit of the Lithium ecosystem's meant to be used for!

And if you find out @pgn could you let us know as I am also curious what the hidden album is.

Lover of all things Samsung. Currently using Samsung Galaxy S10 Plus 128gb

Message 15 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

@pgnI have two albums on this forum. One is called Public and the other is called Hidden

In my 'hidden' album  have 4 images. Funnily enough, all of those are are also in my Public Album...so who knows? Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 16 of 22

pgn
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

Even the Lithium support pages seem to be a little fuzzy on the subject. 

Must go have a dig around in my Community board options...

20**Personal info** 21_43_31-Solved_ About picture galleries - Lithium Community.png

Message 17 of 22

Cleoriff
  • 124264 Posts
  • 828 Topics
  • 7514 Solutions

Which is all very well but I have never knowingly saved anything to a hidden album. Neither have I ever changed my settings...so it remains a mystery.

It seems to serve no purpose whatsoever. As I said the pictures in the hidden album are also in the public Confused

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 22

pgn
  • 37264 Posts
  • 239 Topics
  • 1698 Solutions

Yeah, @Cleoriff - I have 4 images in "hidden", but I have used them in posts on the Community forums... a bit of a waste of time.

20**Personal info** 22_15_25-Albums for pgn - O2 Community.png

Lithium's meant to be a multi user, multi-purpose forum site, with public and private boards (open or closed ones, I guess).

Probably O2 does not use that functionality, and from browsing Lithium's own knowledge base, it seems there are bits of it turned on here despite all boards being open to all community members.

Probably explains some of the weirdness here... only some, mind you!rofl 

Message 19 of 22

MI5
  • 147001 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28265 Solutions

@pgn wrote:

Probably O2 does not use that functionality, and from browsing Lithium's own knowledge base, it seems there are bits of it turned on here despite all boards being open to all community members. 

Not all boards. There are boards that are only available to mods and admin that regular members can't access.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 20 of 22