Did you mean: 

Upcoming design additions

Marjo
Former Staff
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi guys, how’s your day going?

One of the things we have been working on is a promo image slot that is going to be placed at the top of the forum thread pages soon. We have some options to choose from that I’d like to get your input on before we push any of the configurations live. Cat Happy

You can see illustrative screenshots of the two design options below. We will either have 2 images or just one longer banner displayed. These will be especially for the benefit of new members who are just joining, and to optimise traffic and awareness to different parts of the site. Bear in mind that the images in the screenshots below are just examples and we will be working on the exact content soon.

So I would like to get your views on the following options:

• 2 smaller images or just one elongated image, at the top of the thread pages (see screenshots below)
  • Visible for all users on the forum, or if you have objections (please elaborate), then it can be made visible for only non-logged in users.

Looking forward to seeing your input and which option you prefer seeing. slight_smile

Cheers all and have a great weekend!

Marjo

Design option 1: 2 image links at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Design option 2: one elongated image link at the top of the thread page

Community Promo design 2

Message 1 of 70
69 REPLIES 69

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:
The same way as when on laptop/PC ??

Apologies to you too @MI5     - OWA TANA SIAM.

Gerry

Message 51 of 70

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145106 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:
OWA TANA SIAM.

Gerry

Only jonsie is gonna get that one slight_smile

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 52 of 70

Beenherebefore
Level 32: Blockbuster         
  • 5063 Posts
  • 113 Topics
  • 12 Solutions

I just hope the Mods don't know any Thai Shocked

"My life is a facsimile of a sham"
Message 53 of 70

MI5
  • 145106 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions

Just checking to see if "ass" is allowed....?

Edit: Yep, looks OK Smiley Very Happy

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 54 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

Just checking to see if "ass" is allowed....?

Edit: Yep, looks OK Smiley Very Happy

LOL

Message 55 of 70

jonsie
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

@Marjo wrote:

Hey,

You can look out for the banner image on Monday - let me know when you spot it. slight_smile

@Anonymous Not sure what you mean? As suggested above it should be the same process as on the desktop version, by clicking on the New Topic button.

Gerry

(PS BTW - it does not make sense when you say "As suggested above" as I view messages starting with the most recent, so I would suggest all contributors when referring to what has been said earlier should either give a link or say something like "as   xxxxx said in his message timed at hh:mm on dd/mm/yyyy" .  Over and out.)

Good point! I should have phrased that differently. slight_smile

Message 57 of 70

Cleoriff
  • 123402 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7476 Solutions

Just to confirm that I have been seeing the banner image as from last Monday 29th.

However, when I have just checked as to where it actually is....I can't find it.....Shocked Smiley Frustrated

Also can I ask how frequently the section at the bottom of the home page is updated (about the top phones)

I would imagine those currently showing are out of date??

"Top Phones

iPhone 5s, Samsung Galaxy S4, Sony Xperia Z, HTC One, Nokia Lumia 520, Samsung Galaxy S4 Mini "

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 58 of 70

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

At the moment the banner is visible only when you are logged out (should be at the top of this page too). When you log back in, it will disapper from view. Or is it not visible for you even when you log out? 

Let me check about the top phones section. Cheers slight_smile

Message 59 of 70

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi @Marjo ma'am.    What does this new banner look like? Any chance you could post a version of it.  I can't say whether it is appearing or not on my PC.

Thanks.

Gerry

Message 60 of 70