cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Trying to pay but o2's archaic procedures prevent this

Anonymous
Not applicable
My bill is a whopping £260 this month, as my company wanted me in conference calls in the US. They subsequently want to pay the balance and cannot, as o2 refuse cards without a UK address. In a global economy this is incredibly poor and shows how little o2's security dept know about card fraud. I then had to pay it with my own UK card though it took the confirmation it didn't recognise the payment. I am so close to transferring to Vodafone, as I never had any issues at all with them.
Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122366 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Another problem with paying online. I realise this is slightly different.... but remain convinced it is due to the 'new improved' payment system. I will mention @Toby community manager in this thread in the hope he can feed this back...

@Anonymous Have you tried contacting customer services in order to pay? http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Edited to add the following: Customers can pay using the automated payment line. Dial 2729 from your mobile or call 08005884217 from a landline and enter the mobile number you wish to pay (though this is the one currently giving problems to some people)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Much discussion recently about difficulty in making payments.
We are assured it is been looked at by O2.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 12

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous,

Let me raise this with the team and get back to you.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 4 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for the prompt reply!
 I did call them and was told by a cheery, unapologetic rep that there are no exceptions. UK addresses only. I would've emailed a complaint though the o2 website is designed to avoid anything in writing.

Message 5 of 12

MI5
  • 143438 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27490 Solutions
Complaints process including an email address is here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 6 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thanks Toby
Message 7 of 12

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 22943 Posts
  • 1022 Topics
  • 3662 Solutions

@Anonymous If you spend a lot of time in the US and have to put in time on conference calls, you might want to consider switching to Three. If you had an 'all-you-can-eat' minutes tariff, your conference calls would have cost you nothing. No roaming charges in the US on Three.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 8 of 12

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous, I have sent you a private message about this 

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 9 of 12

Anonymous
Not applicable

Reckon hell will freeze over before they change anything.

Seems you cannot pay online if their stupid post code checker does not exactly match your billing address.

Unfortunately as we were at our address long before post code checkers came out I cannot top up stuff online.

Most sites have a manual override, but not 02. Our billing address is ever so slightly different than the 'official' Royal Mail address.

So now I can't top up my employees SIM (I do not want to use the other suggested methods for various reasons) which means I will use another provider. And 02 lose our mobile contracts as well..... idiots. That's a lot of money down the pan in one go.

Message 10 of 12