Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The impossible benefits

BenPLondon
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi O2 - whats the deal with the impossibly hard to obtain Odeon tickets these days?? 

Ever since the dates and times tickets were released, First Wednesday, then Friday, now back to Wednesday at a different time, they are like gold dust. I used to enjoy the priority offer as and when I fancied going to the cinema, but now it seems the app is either really buggy or there are simply non to be had? or a combination of both? 

Since December I have tried numerous times to get a ticket, waiting for the countdown to lapse until ready to click the use now button simply to find the app just freezes and becomes unresponsive. The only way out is to restart by which time you might as well not have bothered because within mini seconds everything has gone? It's absurd to call it a benefit when when it can't be provided for more than a second per week - that's not a reasonable ask, or something you can even really advertise... 

Some other people on here have suggested a reason is the inclusion of many Volt customers/Virgin customers - which in my opinion makes perfect sense - there must be hundreds/thousands more people requesting tickets now - if that is the case then there should be more tickets to offer out rather than hiding unprecedented demand.

Either way, the app is buggy, the offer in my opinion no longer exists as you cannot reasonably get a ticket, this goes for the Greggs promotion as well - another perk which has fallen to unreasonable requests and limited products per day. It bothers me because O2 sang so loudly about it when you wanted my custom a few months back. I changed my provider from EE to O2 mainly because of these promotions which were attractive to me, and now they're pretty much unusable... its really annoying and frustrating, is it going to improve or do we continue to wait as its been a few months now.. 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11416 Posts
  • 63 Topics
  • 3155 Solutions

@BenPLondon 

Blame Odeon who only pass over what they want to pass over to o2, and then every man and his dog seems to want to go and watch a film at one of the worst cinema chains in the UK.. 

Again Greggs, are the ones who say how many free drinks and sausage rolls they want to offer, and just pass over the codes to o2 to give out.. 

Unfortunately with 20+ million customers these offers are going to run out quicker, and if only 10% try thats 2million customers.. 

And I will add never move networks for offers that are limited its a fools game.... 

Now where are them 20 odeon tickets I claimed this morning 😋

--
iPhone 15 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7812 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Don't forget all Virgin Mobile and Media subscribers are on Prority. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93922 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7017 Solutions

htwootwo
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Same, before December I could easily get a ticket every other week, after moving a family member to O2 so we can go to movies together I wasn't avle to get it even once. And today Odeon has completely disappeared from Priority.

No reason to hold to O2 anymore as reception is awful most of the time.

Message 5 of 5