Did you mean: 

The Blue: Famous artworks given a modern twist

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

I wanted to make you all aware of a great little project that O2 is currently involved with. Check out the link below:

http://news.o2.co.uk/?press-release=famous-artworks-given-a-modern-twist-as-part-of-new-exhibition

"Acclaimed urban artist Pure Evil and fine artist Paul Karslake have been commissioned by O2 to reimagine six of the most recognisable paintings of all time, bringing these classic paintings into the 21st century by imagining what is going on beyond the original artwork.

O2 has commissioned the art to mark the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S6 edge smartphone which allows you to see more with its extended screen. Each piece of art explores what would be going on outside the original piece of artwork if it were painted today, using the artists’ very particular and distinct styles."

Take a look guys, as there are some great ones slight_smile

Which is your favourite?

Also, feel free to have a go yourself and show us what you can come up with!

High-res-hero-American-Gothic1.jpg

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

viridis
Level 56: Guvnor
  • 13536 Posts
  • 106 Topics
  • 309 Solutions
Jesus christ.
If that's considered art nowadays then every teenager on earth is going through a second renaissance.
Message 2 of 3

Anonymous
Not applicable

I think the words "modernised, subverted and twisted "  tell you all you need to know about this "O2 Commission".  Regrettably our time will probably go down in history as "the age of subversion and twistedness".  Personally I find very little evidence of artistry, skill, insight, wisdom, comedy or any other redeeming feature in the works presented which fail spectacularly to rise to the challenge to "re-imagine" the original works.   And all this nonsense is " to mark the launch of the new Samsung Galaxy S6 edge smartphone which allows you to see more with its extended screen." -   well, I am so glad O2 explained that as I suspect not one in 10 million would have guessed.

Message 3 of 3