cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

That one phone you wish you had owned and the one you wish you hadn't...

version7point0
Level 33: Firestarter
  • 648 Posts
  • 13 Topics
  • 181 Solutions

Evening guys and gals.

As the title suggests;

Do you have a certain phone that caught your eye, yet you never took the plunge to get it? 

Is there a phone you wanted so badly and it turned out to be a huge mistake?

For me the phone I always wanted was the Motorola V70. It was just so original and unique, back in a day where the phone design was what set you apart, not the case you put it in.

My biggest regret was the Motorola RAZR V3. Yes it was strikingly beautiful, sleek and elegant, but try putting a few songs on it and then snapping a few pictures and bang, out of memory... 

How about the rest of you lovely people?

Message 1 of 22
21 REPLIES 21

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
Well I'm keeping my 2146 (was probably my most treasured phone ever) but there is some other Nokia dross lying around that could go into the store wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 11 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@jonsie wrote:

I think between us we could open a Nokia store. I have the 3210, 3310, 3330, C3, 3020, Ringo and one I can't even remember the model number!

I have a 3210, 3310, 6100, c3, 2730Smiley Very Happy

Message 12 of 22

sheepdog
  • 3319 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Always admired the V3 but when I got to play with one (mother's) I hated using the interface. As an oddity, I always wanted a Nokia N93 - the one with a video camera! 

On the other hand, I had a Sagem my-55 as a freebie on Vodafone. Looked quite poor but in reality it was a fantastically brilliant phone that was almost unbreakable.

Currently on the phone I wish I hadn't is oddly, the Nexus 4. I should say so far that is as  its not exactly what I call a device to pick up and use without a lot of configuration.

Message 13 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

so the nexus 4 isnt that great then

Message 14 of 22

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Some will love it and some will hate it. If you are used to apple it will seem confusing at first as the options to customise and change things will be alien. Personally I'd prefer to spend a bit of time setting a phone up to my choice rather than having to use what someone else wanted me to use, but again, it's a personal thing. That's why the different phones and platforms all survive side by side wink
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 15 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@MI5 wrote:

@Anonymous wrote:

Some will love it and some will hate it. If you are used to apple it will seem confusing at first as the options to customise and change things will be alien. Personally I'd prefer to spend a bit of time setting a phone up to my choice rather than having to use what someone else wanted me to use, but again, it's a personal thing. That's why the different phones and platforms all survive side by side wink

its good to have variety, i may migrate to an s3 next time

Message 16 of 22

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
See if you can borrow one or try one out first. It's very, very different to apple.
Message 17 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

yeah i will thanks, im looking for something different next, not upgrading to a 5 just because its taller & has siri

Message 18 of 22

MI5
  • 149352 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28495 Solutions
The S3 has S Voice which is the same as Siri, but you never use it as you look a right twerp asking your phone questions slight_smile
Message 19 of 22

Anonymous
Not applicable

@i take it youMI5 wrote:
The S3 has S Voice which is the same as Siri, but you never use it as you look a right twerp asking your phone questions slight_smile

i take it that you have thenSmiley Very Happy

Message 20 of 22