cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible Customer Service

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have been subject to some dreadful customer sevice this past week. It initially took me 3 days to order 2 iphones as i was accused of lying about updating my phone in february. It took another company to inform o2 of what was on their information screens infront of them. Eventually I ordered the 2 iphones one as an upgrade and the other as a new order. 2 days later I am informed that these are not in stock but they will be with us when they have them.
Fair enough, so I just called up to enquire about how long roughly this would take, I was spoken to very rudely and when I asked what action I could take if the phones werent recieved after an excessive period I was again spoken to rudely.
The conversation ended but I was left feeling rather annoyed, a live web chat with an adviser then popped up on my screen and I explained my problem to her. I was told things such as 'Sorry hard luck' and 'Sorry about that Bye'.
This was the last straw for me. I immediately called 02 to cancel both the upgrade and the new order, and to inorm them I would be moving to orange who offered the same deal and phone at a cheaper price.
I canceled the upgrade with fairly little difficulty and was told by a pleasant lady that her department could not cancel the new order but she would transfer me to the department that could. I was transfered to a department that claimed they couldnt do it either and I would have to call a standard rate number to do so. I called 202 from my mobile and was then told that I would have to wait until the phone arrived to me (which they still did not know an estimated time of) and send it back before I could recieve the cost of the phone back. I explained that this was a ridiculous idea that any contract has a 7 day cooling off period and as the phone was not in stock it had not been dispatched I was well within my rights to cancel. I was still told no and was spoken to like a child.
Still annoyed with my experience I took it upon myself to read the 02 terms and conditions finding that
'You may cancel an order placed with the O2 online shop provided that we have not yet despatched the products ordered for a full refund.'
The call centres arent open at the moment but I will be on to them first thing in the morning, as I am really disguisted about the treatment I have recieved.
Message 1 of 11
10 REPLIES 10

Anonymous
Not applicable
moco
Message 2 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Well that explains it.
Message 3 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would you care to elaborate on your point?
I would like to add for the record that people at moco were extremely helpful and dealt with my request quickly and efficently with a polite manner!
Message 4 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Would you care to elaborate on your point?
I would like to add for the record that people at moco were extremely helpful and dealt with my request quickly and efficently with a polite manner!

I'm afraid I was being a little sarcastic. I'm sorry, but it can be slightly irritating to read a long post which has got lots of extra noise and yet important information missing or not clear.

Just one example, you don't actually say what this Moco did for you and why its important. I did some research and can only find, with that name, an online purveyor of ringtones or a US church group.
Its a good idea to keep short and to the point. Cut out the emotive language and end with a clear statement of what you want to discuss. Although I do understand that it can be difficult when you are frustrated and annoyed.
Message 5 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable

I did some research and can only find, with that name, an online purveyor of ringtones or a US church group.

http://www.moco.com/About.aspx
Message 6 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Or moco.co.uk?!
Is it a question about payments made on a business account, or a replacement handset, or a service purchase?
We just don't know until full details are given - minus the noise.
As AF would say in a blunt fashion 'have you come here to make some noise or to get a problem solved?'
Message 7 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Silly me. I thought this was an 02 chat forum where people came to discuss their grievances. If this adds noise to my post that you dont apprieciate then the answer is simple. Dont read it.
Moco are a company that I dealt with previously at the end of my previous contract and the same company that 02 were accusing me of upgrading with. They therefore had to inform o2 that I had not uprgraded and that they had never sent o2 any information saying that I had.
The details are simple my friend. It took me 3 days of being accused of lies to order 2 iphones. I was then informed 2 days after ordering the phones that they were out of stock. When phoning to enquire on an eta I was met with rudeness and a lack of enthusiasm help me with my query. I also chatted to an online adviser (from which I have kept the conversation to send with my complaint) who was also extremely rude and unhelpful. So I decided to leave o2 and cancel both orders. Cancelled the upgrade and was told I could cancel the order as it has not been dispatched. The next lady I spoke to was again rude and told me no I could have my money back until the phone was back in stock, delivered to me and returned.
It clearly states in 02 terms and conditions that any order can be cancelled before its dispatched.
This post is as much a warning to others of the troubles I have had dealing with o2, and their unwillingness on more then 10 occasions to help. As I found great help in others posts on their similar problems.
Message 8 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
I have made a complaint to the relevant people and am just waiting now for their reply.
I really must emphasise that the involvement of Moco originally was over a year ago, hense the contract has now well over expired. So this really cannot be put down to a mistake my Moco and not o2 as their envolvment was a 1 time thing over a year ago as I mentioned.
The 'apparent' upgrade from February wsa not to do with Moco and they had not made any contact with o2 to say I had upgraded, obviously because I hadnt.
I involved Moco as the lady I dealt with a year ago was very helpful and wondered if she could shed some light on the situation and I must say I got more help from her than from o2 with whom the problem had arisen.
Message 9 of 11

Anonymous
Not applicable
Oh can I also add that the terms and conditions from a third party are irrelevant here as I mentioned I dealt with Moco over a year ago to extend a contract, that contract ran its course and is over. Its o2 terms and conditions that I am refering to.
Oh and quick update. The phone still hasnt been delivered and its over the 7 day, certainity that they assured me.
Message 10 of 11