Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Terrible 4G service

Networker
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Using 4G for data at train stations - London Victoria and Clapham Junction - is almost impossible, and highly inconsistent at best.  Despite there appearing to be a strong signal, the data fails to load if you are trying to access a web page.  This is a problem as data is the means by which a lot us are able to find out about the very frequent network problems on London's rail service.  The problem is caused by the lack of signal capacity in these areas.  It is not sufficient for the large volume of users at these locations - particularly when there is  a spike due to transport problems, when everyone tries to use data.

When are O2 going to upgrade the service in these areas so that they better reflect customer demand, and start to resemble a 21st century service?  Given that many of us are paying for this service - but not receiving it - I would hope there would be some urgency in O2's response.

Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Networker So many people complain of the poor service. You could make an official complaint via this route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Or even take yourself off to another provider. Not that helpful but the options are few sadly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Cleoriff
  • 122357 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Hi @Networker So many people complain of the poor service. You could make an official complaint via this route http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Or even take yourself off to another provider. Not that helpful but the options are few sadly

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 5

MI5
  • 143408 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
O2 won't respond to you here with urgency or otherwise.
You need to report problems through the My Network app, call and complain to CS, or make an official complaint as indicated above.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 5

jonsie
  • 92913 Posts
  • 608 Topics
  • 6913 Solutions

I find it strange that our capital city has such poor areas of signal. Many people have commented on this and yes, congestion in a hugely populated area should be addressed and masts upgraded and new masts commissioned.

Message 4 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

As usual It must be down to not in my back yard peoples .

The only way mobile networks can add capacity is with new masts serving smaller and smaller areas to keep contention down . This is why rural areas also are penalised as nobody wants a 120m high mast in the country side serving a large area .

Just to add that fixed broadband links at home do not have to deal with the mass of users moving at speed between masts etc just a downside of the mobile network (called handoff between masts at speed)

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 5 of 5