cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is wrong with a lot of o2 CS, DIsgusting is an understatement

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been a o2 customer for at least 10 years since I was a child first pay and go then pay monthly, and tbh I always liked it, I have had contracts with orange, EE and vodafone, but now Im thinking seriously? I had a contract that ended october 2016 so I went to upgrade through the carphonewarehouse as the deal was better for teh iphone 7, got rejected, they said it was o2, I contcated o2 through chat and was told yes take a new contract out with a new email address not the one on your existing account and you wil be accepted, I did that and was accepted!

Here comes the problem, I contact to cancel the old contract and get put onto a £5.50 a month 12 month tariff I said ok, because I could have time to transition to my new number, however I logged in and the minutes were half of what I was told I would get and the contract for 24 months, so I asked to cancel they said via chat they have to return me back onto the old tariff then they will cancel, a couple of days later I log in and guess what? IM now on a new £28 24 months contract, I phone up to cancel get put through to 5 rude people, one laughing at me because I wanted to speak to a manager, another saying It was a new contract I took out and its not an upgrade to others trying to convince me £28 months for a sim only deal (no phone and 1GB or data is good) anyway finally I get to speak to a manager who agrees to do it and email me asks if I have a pay & go sim she will email me to confirm I am receiving a credit and the number will be transferred with no cancellation, I said thank you bye etc..... to then not receive any email. (all uk call center)

Today I get an email that I have been charged £265 cancellation fee, phone up and get through to the the asia? call center get put through pay and go who take my details confirm my details and put me through to pay monthly center to be told they cant understand me lol (the otehr way around), then she tells me she cant help me as the number I gave is pay and go, then I explain everything how it was an old contract etc  and she hangs up during me explaining, I ring again and the phone goes silent then I can hear someones giggles, I said are you going to talk or do I need to make a complaint about this, she answers saying Hi youre through to sky and hangs up, this is via 202, I ring again the phone is put down on me (all asia call center) inally I get through to a helpful nice lady who says I shouldnt have been charged it was cancelled within 14 day of the plan change and she will email me now to confirm the account will be recredited. I have had no email.

I just opened up o2 chat yet again and tI have been told nothing has been done and I shouldnt have been charged so they will request the charges to get dropped, thing is how many times did I try and cancel and it wasnt then when It was I was charged the fee, for all I know they wont sort anything out, to treat your customers like this I think its pathetic. I just wished my new contract and mbb contract were with EE already

Message 1 of 7
6 REPLIES 6

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144074 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27591 Solutions
http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain
Make a complaint if you wish.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 2 of 7

Cleoriff
  • 122767 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7463 Solutions

What a confusing shambles....!!

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 3 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

BafflingConfused

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 4 of 7

Anonymous
Not applicable

I used to think the slight attitude of EE staff was bad, theyre angels compared to this lot, pft is all I have to say about o2 now...

I am contemplating complaining or not only because I think it will just be a waste of my time, at the very least I finally got a copy of a transcript (the last one I spoke to ) emailed to me where they say I should not have been charged as it was cancelled in time. To be honest who would resolve the complaint? The number of incompetent people I spoke to who either hung up, passed me over or promised to resolve the issue, but on the next call had actually done nothing, and there was no record of them, suggests a system fault or they can do whatever they want on the o2 system...

Message 5 of 7

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23034 Posts
  • 1025 Topics
  • 3668 Solutions

Follow the link above if you wish to make a complaint, or you can Google the O2 CEO's email address and write to him directly. We are all customers here and are not permitted to give you that email address.

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 6 of 7

jonsie
  • 93156 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Another spectacular O2 shambles. Finding the right person to rectify things is the big problem. Hopefully the complaints review service can do what customer service can't seem to.

Message 7 of 7