cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

TERRIBLE Customer Service at O2 - Incompetent Liars

Anonymous
Not applicable

Terrible customer service. Went to the edgware branch of o2 to get a replacement sim card. did a security check, had id and bank card and got a sim card. all well and good. 

gone home, contacted o2 to get the lost bar removed from my account when they told me that there was no new sim assoicated with my account

Hold on. i just got one. Now this is where it gets funny. I called the store and spoke to the person i dealt with when i came into store. He told me that he did all that he could and couldnt do any more. the only thing he could do was issue another sim 2 days after due to you being unable to issue sims after 24 hours and all the pollava. he was incredibly rude and wasnt bothered to check anything. just complete nonsense. god know where they get these peoople from. 

so i entered a live chat soon afterwards to get some further information and hopefully talk to somone reasaonable. so i was asked the normal questions 

post code, name, phone number and security questions 

and then wollop. the mast is down in your area.

Sorry

the mast is down in your are sir

you can check you network here 

is there anything i can help you with

thats not what i asked 

(long pause)

Honestly, dont get me wrong i love o2. tu go is probably one of the best things out there. but the people at customer servicce position are absolutely rubbish. the problem is theres no one to really get anything sorted out. yes anyone can sell an iphone contract especially when the person who comes in already is intending to buy one. But when it comes to actually helping or solving problems. These people are clueless. i did eventually go to another branch of o2. Store manager came and sorted out my problem there and then. what a gent. Honestly, finally someone who actually know what theyre talkign about. 

But yes. not the best expereience 

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

Curr946
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
I have to agree, and a sim swap can be done at home. I've had inactive sims sent to me, i call up and within no time the old sim is dead and the new one is running. The bar on your account seems to have been the cause of the issue, and as others have stated, this could also have been sorted in the first store if they knew.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 11 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

nope. i mentioned to him that i lost my phone and he was aware that he was issuing me a replacement sim. i gave him my contact details and he charged my bank card £0.00 to acknowledge that i was the owner of the card. he then went on to mention that there is a lost block on the sim card which i need to contact o2 when i get home to begin removing. i can assure you the fact that id lost my phone and sim card was obvious and paramount through out the whole conversation. to reiterate, he did acknowledge there was a block and indirectly made mention that its my responsibility to lift the block. 

Message 12 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
Thank you toby for you attention. Just so were all clear, i do like o2 for there o2 Priority Moments and tu go. the issue has been resolved as far as i am aware. i do have to wait 24hours to confirm, but everything im describing happened today. Thats from the initial encounter at the edgware branch which happened at 11.47 according to the recipt that i was given to later this evening, ie 2 hours ago where i manged to resolve the problem.

However, in the likely incidient that it all goes wrong and i have to start this process all over again, i will try and contact you.
Message 13 of 26

Curr946
  • 2174 Posts
  • 133 Topics
  • 44 Solutions
Perhaps you might want to raise this with @Toby or even raise a complaint via the contact us page.
Current Phone: Sony Xperia XZ Premium
Message 14 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable
You shouldnt of needed all that to get a replacement sim. You just ask for one
Message 15 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

Don't even get me started!!!

I went into my local O2 shop in November and enquired about what plans i could change to once my contract finishes in January. I was given the information and told to go through webchat any time after my bill date in December.

I did this, and asked for a plan that I later found out was a "DATA ONLY" plan. Now I know I should check to ensure I know what I am asking for, but I didn't know there was such a thing, i thought all plans where voice compatible. O2 say the fact there was no voice "allowance" should have indicated this to me, but read any of their advertising, and when the advisor told me "if you go outside your allowance these are the call charges" it indicates you can make voice calls.

Anyway that was on the 21st, on the 22nd I realised something was wrong when I had no signal, so I got on webchat and asked why. The advisor asked for my postcode where i was located, so i gave it, and was told that it was not a real postcode, and to ask my friends and family for help. I advised him that I answered his question correctly, but i was in France and not to be so rude in future. The advisor then promplty explained they would need to send a further message to the netwrok as I was abroad, and within 10 mins I had service back.

What about my TU GO app?? Oh that could take upto 24 hours, please wait.

Note, the advisor said i could still get TU GO it was jsut being processed!

24 hours later, still no TU GO app, so i got back on webchat .... "of course you won''t get TU GO app, you have a DATA ONLY plan" .... whats one of them I ask, and get told, NO VOICE!!

So after a bit of a heated discussion on why i hadnt been told this, i was told i could move back to any plan i wanted as i have 14 days cooling off.

"please put me back on my old plan, i know that works for what i want"

It will be changed 2-24 hours time

24 hours later .... still no change, webchat, sir its your fault you asked for a data only plan.
Lets not get into whos fault it is can I have my old plan back.

yes in 2 -24 hours

24 hours later .... still no change, webchat, sir its the holidays we cant do it

but at midnight it might happen. it will be quicker to upgrade/

I dont want an upgrade, please give me my old plan

sorry cant have it, its impoossible!!

So i was forced to upgrade, 2-24hours to upgrade sir!

18 hours later I get put back on my old plan, remember the one that was impossible to put me on!! So i gets on webchat and and asks for the upgrade to be cancelled. It is cancelled and will not happen

24 hours later..... guess what, I am put on the upgraded plan

I was so fed up I just left it at that

48 hours later, i get a text, your now on 500Mb data plan!!!!

I seriously give up with O2!!

Message 16 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144510 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27710 Solutions
Your further mistake was using live chat!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 17 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Your further mistake was using live chat!

In fact, apart from the initial contact via the O2 store..... the whole of this problem has been discussed via live chat only. If only the poster had spoken to CS ....it may have been a very different tale to tell

http://www.o2.co.uk/contactus

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 18 of 26

jonsie
  • 93252 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Being in France with a no voice plan I suppose chat was the preferred option.

Message 19 of 26

Cleoriff
  • 123021 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7471 Solutions

There is that....but a lesson learnt I think...trying to correct something whilst abroad and using live chat is never a good mix. (though I presume having been told it would be resolved there was no reason to challenge them)

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 20 of 26