Did you mean: 

Staying safe online: What tech helps?

Toby
Former Staff
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi guys,

O2 is working with the NSPCC to promote safe online experiences for young and vulnerable people. Everyone has the right to access the web, but its always important to ensure safety and security is paramount.

How do you control what your children and grandchildren access online? Do you use browser filters or independent software tools and apps? What sites and companies engage in child safety practises really well that you've seen? 

We'd love to hear from you, as we may have the opportunity to create some great discussions and activities around child safety technology online going forward. The team would really like to hear from you all! 

logo2.png

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

We used to use Abodea on the kids tablets, it showed us which apps they had accessed, it also let us set a usage time limit,we  also had the option to block apps as we saw fit. The only downside was that if they didn't log out of apps properly they would use up the allowance as it counted apps running under the lock screen. Unfrortuantely I reset my tablet on sunday and its not in the app store anymore, which is  a shame as it was a nice little app, and also helped me find out when a sneaky 11 year old was trying to download Popjam...

So if there are any app recomendations out there it would be appreciated.

Message 2 of 3

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Great to hear from you @Anonymous, thanks!

Those in-app purchases can be a difficult one sometimes. Abodea sounds very useful indeed.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 3 of 3