cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shared Data - what a con!! RUBBISH

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hello Guys

I have been with O2 for yonks, full platinum, whole family on it, etc etc - I personally have two lines.

Tonight I've come accross something that just feels like a great big con. Firstly I'm irritated by many things on o2 currently, platinum service levels have really dropped, call wait times are high, they wouldn't allow NHS discount on iPhones - everything is starting to become very geared towards o2 and not the consumer.

I sensed a bad shift, until I heard about the new sharer plans available on o2.

Great I thought, I can now supply my various tablets in the family using shared data.

Rang up on Saturday, absolutely possible @£7 per month.

Rang up tonight - impossible, unless you buy a £50 Data Dongle as well!!!!

So for my ipad, car, two daughters ipads, etc that'll be 4 dongles at £50 each!!!!

I never ever use a dongle, and I'd be amazed if anyone else does - dongles are yesterday things!!

Then there's the Shared Voice SIM, unlimited voice and sms, plus data share is £16, I can buy a full standalone SIM from Vodaphone with 1G of 4G data for £15.30, for a couple more pounds I get a full Spotify Premium account.

Finally I thought I'd be able to bring my 8G and 5G data alowances together, no - not until you upgrade / resign with o2.

O2 this is going in the wrong direction, I'm now going to look at alternative networks, and as you've guessed I'm pretty loyal, so as I decide to (end early if I need to) I will be moving away from you.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

O2 said a Manager would call me back - but nothing yet......

Hi @Anonymous ,

If you're still unsure about your situation by this time tomorrow, let me know and I'll do what I can to help.

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 21 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks Toby - No call as yet.....

Message 22 of 24

gindygoo
Level 25: Hard Hitter
  • 1340 Posts
  • 59 Topics
  • 27 Solutions
Have u gotten any further on this yet? I'm in agreement that it'll be some commission based salesperson ploy 😞

Charlie.
Message 23 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi @Anonymous any updates on this?
As Toby said we can try to look for a solution from our side ... Let us know if you still haven't heard anything from O2.
Message 24 of 24