Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers

BB11
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This has happened before when I enquired about an upgrade.

I recently spoke to one of O2 colleagues regarding an upgrade and almost immediately afterwards I was inundated with calls from individuals who stated that they were from O2 offering me a 35% discount on my tariff. Needless to say, I did not part with any information apart from the fact that I am in discussion about an upgrade and their response was that the discount would apply to the new contract also. I know this to be scammers wanting my personal information.

They called from numbers: +44 161 522 7624, +44 161 565 0784 and +44 161 394 1689 and more. All have now been blocked.

My question is why am I getting these calls just after I have spoken to O2? I do not seem to get them any other time. I find this a surprising coincidence and wondered why it could be happening just after a point of contact. Am I they only one it is happening to?

I am a customer of O2 for over 30 years.

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38376 Posts
  • 353 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

Somehow, the scammers have got your number, @BB11 - some numbers are definitely associated with scammers:

https://who-called.co.uk/Number/01615277624

But not the ones you cite.

It could be that your marketing preferences in your MyO2 mean you are getting calls from O2 Trusted Partners - these can be changed so you are not open to such aggressive callers: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Tech-Support/My-information-is-being-sold-by-o2-employees/m-p/1577783/...

Did you fill in your details to the O2 Website on-line, including your phone number, perhaps? I wonder if the web-site you used, or search engine to start your search for an upgrade, has been compromised - it is too much of a coincidence.

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. is here for info.

Message 2 of 2