Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scammers

Polly5678
Level 1: Joiner
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Had a call the other day which was suspicious . They said they’re from 02 and they have an exclusive discount that they could apply to my account for being a customer for a long time . He Sadie to access your account we will need you email and I said no you don’t need need my email 02 send a security code he got defensive and said well you’ll lose this exclusive discount then I said I’ll call 02 and then they’ll give me the discount and he said it’s too late I’ve cancelled the discount I just hung up.

I tried to tell 02 who didnt listen so decided to do a post .

it was only because I’ve had a kid of calls due to 02 messing up a lot I knew they wouldn’t ask my email 

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Polly5678 

It is a scam, they want your details so they can get into your account and then access all your personal data. 

It really wasn't o2 that called you, and you did the right thing. 

Phishing, Smishing & Scams. Latest info & advice. 

Guide: A Guide to Deal with Spam/Scam Calls and Text 

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 2 of 5

Polly5678
  • 13 Posts
  • 4 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Yea I get the red flags as I’ve had a lot of people try to scam me online and I’m just not falling it for . .02 don’t ask for details they send a security code.

I was cloned in November and so one opened a next account for £900 credit and I was in hospital very ill for 56 days so my dad went and got my post and I was going to open it but lot looked important and I don’t shop with next so I got curious. I rang the company and they were really caring and all they could say is so one bad placed orders and paid £1 ( prob off a stolen or fake card unless they’re just really stupid . 

They put me on an anti fraud service for a year so if anyone tries to get credit with my details they will call me first . Some people will just do anything to get money and the punishments never really seem to fit the crimes in the uk 

Message 3 of 5

Typo
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I've had 2 calls from 020 numbers claiming to be from O2/"Wirgin Media". Couldn't understand either so just hung up & reported as spam calls.

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 149432 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28496 Solutions

Been calling me from different 020 numbers every day this week.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5