Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam Calls

VHOLDEN
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I received an SMS message purporting to be from o2 giving me a 1 time access code, 2 seconds later a telephone call from the following number: 01254922645 also purporting to be from o2 and they said "my phone bill is now £40 cheaper and all I need to do is give them the 1 time access code to implement the offer." I nearly wet myself with laughter. My reply was (when I composed myself), 1, I never requested the 1 time only passcode as I have to request it and o2 will NEVER ask me for the code, 2 I am not even on my account, I am currently filling out job application forms and then finally 3, try watching the TV programmes scam interceptors, I think you may find it interesting to watch as you may find yourself being watched and hacked. He really started to get angry with me as I had called him out. I asked him for his name, department name and number and he could not give it to me, he told me that he is not allowed. I told him that, that is a load of codswobble because if he was genuine then he is obliged to give me his name, department name and number, so that I can call o2 and verify his details with them. He soon hungup in a huff, whilst shouting explicit words down the phone.  SO PLEASE BE AWARE

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7043 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1573 Solutions

Yes quite a few of these now as so many people have not taken notice of the warning.

Provided you did not give them the code you are OK

You can report the number to 7726, but in all probability its spoofed

https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Welcome-News/Scam-Alert-Vishing-Smishing-amp-Phishing-Megaguide/td-p/1...

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2