cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Samsung Galaxy...no MMS

Anonymous
Not applicable
After 9 years trouble free use I recommended o2 to my brother who promptly got a Samsung Galaxy on a 24 month deal,after having it 2 weeks he noticed that his new phone wouldn't send or receive mms messages.
After umpteen calls to customer services who checked and sent new settings decided that his sim was at fault.
a week later he received his new sim,after activation he discovered that it still wasn't sending or receiving mms messages.
He called them back today to complain that it still wasn't working properly and customer services told him that he's now had the phone 29 days and cannot return the phone for replacement.
Surely this is an ongoing problem from weeks ago.
Come on O2,get your finger out and send him a replacement phone,either that or im jumping ship when my contract finishes Smiley Mad
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I don't see why you've jumped to the conclusion its a faulty phone. Based on what you've said I can think of several other things it could be. For example, when the settings arrived were they saved and activated. Has he checked his account is provisioned for MMS. etc etc
Message 2 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Might be worth your brother trying these settings:
GPRS WAP & MMS
Please note all steps must be completed to ensure the settings are correctly configured.
Please ensure that when entering O2 into the settings that the letter O is selected and not a zero.
When entering the following information do not press Save until told to in the instructions.
Press the Menu key
Tap Settings
Tap Wireless controls
Tap Mobile networks
Tap Access Point Names
Press the Menu key
Tap New APN
Tap Name then tap the text box and enter O2 Pay Monthly then tap OK
Tap APN thentap the text box and enter wap.o2.co.uk then tap OK
Tap Proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap Port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Tap Username then tap the text box and enter o2wap then tap OK
Tap Password then tap the text box and enter password then tap OK
Tap MMSC then tap the text box and enter http://mmsc.mms.o2.co.uk:8002 then tap OK
Tap MMS proxy then tap the text box and enter 193.113.200.195 then tap OK
Tap MMS port then tap the text box and enter 8080 then tap OK
Press the Back key
Tap Access Point Names
Tap the dot next to your new APN until a green dot appears next to it
Press the Back key four times to return to the standby screen.
SV
Message 3 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I know this isn't exactly helpful, but I had the same problem. I manually configured the settings (several times) but no joy. I got sent a replacement phone, and when that didn't solve it a i got sent a new Sim. Still didn't work!
My husband has same phone and his can't send them either. It must be a design flaw in the phone. I'm not fussed anymore, as it costs too much to send pics anyway, but it's really not good enough that such a basic function is lacking!
Message 4 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've had two Samsung Galaxy S phones, the first broke and was replaced. Neither phone would send MMS messages no matter what I tried.
Like with the previous person, I'm not particularly fussed as it costs too much any way.
Message 5 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I was told by O2 that the only way to send MMS is by being connected to the internet. Have just used the steps in the posting by strange visitor above and managed to send and MMS just waiting to see if I can receive one. Thank you.
Message 6 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Have now tried the Strange visitor settings and sadly they do not send MMS on my Galaxy Ace either. Really disappointing as I love this phone but feel strongly that you should be able to send MMS messages without being online.
o2 can you sort this out please
Message 7 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi everyone on this thread. Firstly, I believe all Android phones have to be connected to the internet to send/receive MMS, this is not the fault of the Ace. Secondly, surely all smartphones come with an adequate data allowance so being connected is normal anyway. Finally, I believe all data bolt-ons on 02 come with free MMS. 20 free on "all rounder" at £6/mnth or 50 free on "the works" at £10/mnth. Excellent value, excellent 02 & excellent Galaxy Ace.............!!! grin Graham.
Message 8 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
It's a problem with the Android Gingerbread update as far as my galaxy ace goes, and the only proper solution is for O2 to release one of the several updates to the firmware. Unfortunately O2 appear to be very slow in doing this.
Meantime you can go into the menu- settings- wireless & network settings- mobile networks- and tick on the use only 2G networks. That seems to work for me, but it slows down sending / receiving.
Keep shouting at O2 to release the update!
Message 9 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi, all Android phones need to use packet data/internet to send & receive MMS, will not work using wifi. Has nothing to do with Gingerbread or Froyo etc... & you will always need to have packet data switched on whether 2G or 3G to send & receive MMS. Graham
Message 10 of 13