Did you mean: 

Repair quote dispute!

Irishbelle
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am absolutely fuming!

I took my Z Fold 4 to an 02 store as the screen protector had started lifting along the fold on the large screen, and there was white and black lines running from the top to the bottom of the screen making it unusable. The store manager inspected my phone, said it was in excellent condition and confirmed it was physical construction damage. He checked that it was still under warranty (which it was….covered by the 3 year warranty) and completed a service repair form to send my phone to the repair service. I used the tracking repair service to keep up to date with how the repair progress was going. It took over a week for my phone to get from the store to the repair centre and today after only having my phone for one day I received a notification on the tracking service to say that the repair is not covered under the warranty and that it will cost me £650 to have my phone repaired. The only comment under the reason for the decision is “Customer damage” 

I declined the repair and requested my phone be returned to me, and I emailed a complaint to 02’s complaint panel. I have been an 02 customer for over a decade and this is the first time I have made a request for a repair and I am so upset and angry that it has been assumed that I damaged my phone when I absolutely did not. 

I would love to know if anyone else has had a similar problem and/or complained and what the outcome was. I won’t be an 02 customer after my current contract ends (1 year left!) if the repair isn’t carried out under warranty.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Sonu
  • 1 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

This precise second.. I sent my phone last week in prestige condition I made a video before I posted the phone with no damage, received a email yesterday that you need to pay £534 no explanation called the company today and to my surprise they said “phone damaged”  invalidates warranty . I've lodged a complaint with O2  explaining my concerns and for this matter to be dealt with by the department who can authorise the repair and replacement of mobile phone

I've left my phone with Anova repairs though 

such a coincidence!!

Message 11 of 14

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 11595 Posts
  • 64 Topics
  • 3163 Solutions

@Sonu 

Is this a Samsung by any chance?? 

As we got Flip 5 screen fixed via Monzo and Assurant and was talking to the guy in the repair shop, and if we didnt have accidental coverage it would have been £500 rather than £75

If you have logged an official o2 complaint then it will be upto 8 weeks to get an answer, and there is no guarantee they will approve it or give you a replacement phone..

--
iPhone 16 Pro Max - o2 and Spusu
Xperia 1V - Spusu

--
This is not customer services and we dont have access to your account
I do not work for o2 or any VMo2 /Telefonica/Liberty Global Company
Message 12 of 14

Lord-Gareth
  • 15 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

It is common... the store manager and override it.

Message 13 of 14

pgn
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 38464 Posts
  • 240 Topics
  • 1732 Solutions

@Lord-Gareth wrote:

It is common... the store manager and override it.

Something got wiped there, your answer makes no sense @Lord-Gareth 

Message 14 of 14