Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RFID/NFC

Liquid
Level 44: Clearly Talented
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions

How many people have started utilising this tech in your phones or credit/debit cards?

I have a friend who has developed a case for NFC equipped phone that can distort the signal unless its being actively used by the user.

He also has developed a credit card sized deflecter for use in wallet applications (saves buying a new wallet/you can keep the wallet/purse of your choice)

I'm just trying to gather info into the useage of the tech before I drop some money into his designs to further the concepts:)

Look forward to your replies:)

EDIT:I think I've posted in the wrong section and it won't let me delete:( rather than spam if a mod could move it:)

Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 1 of 46
45 REPLIES 45

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 94023 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Good luck with it. But it's important to get in there first as I am almost certain there will be others looking to exploit this new market.

Message 11 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Agreed:) patent will be pushed through soon. Even if we don't get to market first we could at the very least pull an apple type business on everyone else.
Nothing sucks more than that moment during an argument when you realize you’re wrong. So Ive been told wink
Message 12 of 46

jonsie
  • 94023 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

Smiley Very Happymake sure you don't venture into any existing Apple patents. I would think they have pretty much everything else covered!Smiley Very Happy

Message 13 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Haha very good point:)

Must remember not to make a rounded edge rectangle:)
Message 14 of 46

sheepdog
Level 26: Upbeat
  • 3322 Posts
  • 31 Topics
  • 39 Solutions

Hey Liquid, has your friend taken a look over at kickstarter? There's quite a number of these things on there (or has been) plus its a handy way of getting funds from everybody. 

Message 15 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
To put it politely BALLS! The credit card solution has annoyingly been submitted for patent permission a month before we submitted the patent. (Ours is too similar to be accepted:() I don't believe we can even claim prior art seeing as they published a summery of the concept in February:(

Phone version is still pending so fingers crossed:)
Message 16 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Oo and sorry sheepdog I thought I replied. He has looked at it but wanted to patent the idea first, stupidly he should of done it months ago rather than waiting for the design to prove itself.

Message 17 of 46

jonsie
  • 94023 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions
Message 18 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Indeed. Rather annoyed with him for not going with it sooner:( o well its only money at the end of the day:)
Message 19 of 46

Liquid
  • 5942 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 305 Solutions
Side note: I cannot find information on google wonder if someone could help me.

The materials left behind from touching somthing (eg fingerprint) could it be conductive enough to carry a micro current?

If so I may have invalidated the concept provided by the university group.

All help appreciated:)
Message 20 of 46