Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please call me immediately!

Anonymous
Not applicable

Date: 9 August 2017

Good morning,
You have shut down your email support service and after 15 minutes no advisor is available so this appears to be the only way I can communicate with you given that you have cut me off.
My name is Liam Gardner. You cut off my phone last night, this was after me calling you as requested yesterday morning to discuss my account. The lady I spoke with assured me no further payment is required at present and that the balance of £20odd is due to come out today and I would not be cut off my complaint was to be escalated.
I landed in Paphos last Wednesday and was greeted with an o2 message informing me all my calls, texts and data would come out my normal uk allowance which is unlimited, unlimited with 10 gig of data. 4 days into the holiday you advise me a payment of £232 was required immediately to keep using the phone which was the reason for my call to you yesterday when I was told not to worry.
This matter was raised to an investigations team and I was given reference number. I have been informed a member of your staff will call me within 5 working days.
I'm extremely alarmed here as my partner (who suffers from severe stress and anxiety) and daughter are flying out to meet me in Cyprus this morning and I have no way of communicating with them.
I arrived in Cyprus last Wednesday and have been communicating with them on a regular basis to try and put them at ease as my partner has not flown in over 10 years and this is to be her daughters first ever flight on an aeroplane. This is now causing me major upset as at this moment in time as I don't know where they are and I know they will be worried as they have not heard from me. They need my reassurance which I cannot provide due to this ordeal.

I have been a loyal customer with you for years and this is how you are treating me?!
Absolutely appalled at this. I expect an email or a phone call from you in the next hour as their flight from Edinburgh to Paphos departs at 09:30 GMT.

Regards

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions
It does sound like a case of inadvertently latching onto a Turkish network. Once you get this sorted you need to select a Cypriot network manually instead of leaving network selection as automatic.
I do hope all goes well for your family.
Message 11 of 14

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

@jonsie if turkish it would be 3.99 a day unfortunaly north cyprus says normal rates not o2 travel rates

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 12 of 14

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93157 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6953 Solutions

Marjo
  • 7881 Posts
  • 468 Topics
  • 55 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous welcome to our forum. Sorry to hear about your experience while travelling abroad!! Did you manage to get in touch with customer service in the end?

Message 14 of 14