Did you mean: 

Please avoid O2 insurance

darkangel004
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Hi all

I have an account with O2 since the last 8 years. I took out insurance with my last upgrade with the iphone 7plus in rose gold. Recently I damaged the screen. It slipped out of my hand while I was running after my toddler who had gotten away as they do. So I contacted the O2 insurance and they organised for the pick up of the handset.

Since then the claim was accepted and I called someone in o2 insurance on the number they provided and they said the phone is being sent out to me on 21/5/2018. Then when I did not hear anything I called them and some lady let me know oh the iphone 7plus in rose gold in 128 gb is out of stock. This is completely in contradiction to the information given to me by the guy on 21st stating that they had the iphone 7plus in rose ggold in 128 gb in stock and also the red one. She also stated that insurance does not cover the colour of handset. So either I can take the black one which is available or wait which could be weeks or NEVER!!!!!

I feel whatever the small print maybe is completely unacceptable. In effect O2 insurance has taken my money for 8 months and now forcing me to take a handset which in the first instance I had not chosen to buy as I never liked a black handset.

I suggested just take the difference and send me something else, but that they cannot do as she said its not an upgrade service. I said me a new one out which is available in stores and that too was refused.

I think what O2 have doine is very deceptive. They sell the phones and the insurance but have a subsidiary company which they call 3rd party, and they leave this so called 3rd party to deal with the insurance as they please in a rather dictatorial manner.

Disgraceful and absolutely in my opinion a cheat of a company.

Message 1 of 3
2 REPLIES 2

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'd need to read the small print but unless you have  brand new for old, which is very rare, all O2 insurance are covering is a like for like replacement - Which if you are prepared to leave it a while could be your original rose gold handset repaired and returned. So you could suggest that?

if insurance companies didn't do this people would be smashing up their phones just to get newer ones.

Wether like for like includes colour would depend on the price of the various colours originally, esp if their were any difference between them, and the small print.

Message 2 of 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 143423 Posts
  • 632 Topics
  • 27489 Solutions
If your choice of colour is out of stock you have the option of taking a different colour or waiting for your colour to come in stock.
Insurance replacements are refurbished phones so have nothing to do with store stock. It’s all in the insurance T&C’s that you were given to read when talking the policy out.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 3 of 3