cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone Upgrade Still Not Delivered After 35 Days

Anonymous
Not applicable

So, I've been with O2 for 10-12 years now, one of the main reasons I've stayed with them for so long is their typically great customer service.

However my recent experiences have been deeply disappointing.

I order an upgrade to my phone on the 15th of May, it was due to arrive the 18th. On the day I received texts saying my new phone would be delivered at 14:00, I waited at home and nothing came, yet the deliverary service UKMail said the phone was delivered on their online parcel tracking service. I checked the deliverary address, it was correct. So I sent UKMail a complaint. Couple of days later they sent me an email saying my case (complaint I assume) had been closed... no further details as to why, or confirmation that my compliant was being dealt with. So I made another complaint... same result, case closed, no explaination.

So I got in touch with O2 via their online chat assistants, they assured me they'd look into it, apparently the deliverary needed a signature and I did not sign for anything so there would be proof clear UKMail did not do their job properly.

A week later no corrospondence for O2 other than an ironic "Tell us about your new phone" generic email.

So I got back in touch, again they told me they were working on it and they had "escalated" the concern of my issue.

Another week goes by and not a peep from O2, so I got on the online chat again. This time I asked if they could please keep me updated with the issue, they assured me they would and the adviser said he would take personal responsibility for trying to resolve my issue seeing as I had been patient and understanding.

That was about 10 days ago and still no word from O2, I checked my bank account and I am being charged for a tariff for a new phone I haven't yet received. I have constantly had to chase up O2 as they have failed to update me once in 35 days.

This is simply not good enough, I have been a loyal customer for years and I am so frustrated and disappointed, I needed that phone as my old one is on the blink and the battery cuts out regularly. I am seriously considering complaining to OFCOM because so far O2 have only paid lip service to my problems and it's got me no where, and they have the cheek to charge me for a phone I dont have.

Please O2 sort this out, you used to be great.

Message 1 of 24
23 REPLIES 23

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 126026 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

What a nightmare @Anonymous !! It is O2's responsibility to sort this out...nothing to do with UK Mail.

If I were you I would be inclined to cancel this contract....you haven't got a phone therefore should not be charged for it.

I am surprised O2 hasn't advised this as an option. You could go instore and walk out with one and a new contract

Just to add...if you are in touch with O2 via phone (which is your best option) take the advisors name and ask for that person when you have to ring again

You could raise an official complaint here http://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain

Edited *Spelling*

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 24

MI5
  • 149477 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Same old story.
Let down by ukmail and o2 not prepared to do anything to help !!
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 3 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Thanks for your advice Cleoriff, I wasn't aware this was an option you are right.

Problem is I am so disillusioned with O2 now that I'm not sure I want a new contract with them, I thought there were penalites to pay if you cancelled a contract. I just feel so stupid for recommending O2 to people for their great customer service when this is what I get.

Message 4 of 24

MI5
  • 149477 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
You can cancel upto 14 days after receipt of phone.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable

Seeing as I have not received my phone that entitles me to cancell?

Message 6 of 24

MI5
  • 149477 Posts
  • 641 Topics
  • 28498 Solutions
Yes, it does.
Message 7 of 24

Cleoriff
  • 126026 Posts
  • 832 Topics
  • 7551 Solutions

@Anonymous wrote:

Seeing as I have not received my phone that entitles me to cancell?

Without a doubt....and asap. If honest I wouldn't let them mess me about any longer. I think your patience must be at an end with all of this nonsense slight_frown

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 8 of 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
Do as others advise & cancel, they should've not started billing you if they know you haven't yet received the phone

Once it's cancelled, go instore & upgrade &'you'll walk out with a new handset that same day

35 days is really poor
Message 9 of 24

jonsie
  • 94030 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 7019 Solutions

You have been way too patient, 35 days is a complete joke. Make the complaint and cancel. Personally I would be looking at spending my money elsewhere but it depends if Refresh is high on your priorities.

Message 10 of 24