Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Painful transition from Virgin Mobile to O2

riceuten
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My Virgin (Android) phone missed the automatic upgrade to O2, and a week later, a SIM card turned up, which I couldn't use, as my Virgin service hadn't ceased.

As I was going abroad briefly, I asked for the transfer to be delayed - "No problem, sir" and a date was agreed. Soon after, my phone stopped working. After layers and layers of Capita staff, a call centre worker tells me I was "already transferred", and "of course" my phone will have stopped working. He didn't believe I had been told a date could be customised for transfer, but reading the notes, this is precisely what I was offered.

"This is not possible, sir, all transfers are done in bulk"

After about 30 minutes of toing and froing, he offers to "reactivate your Virgin SIM card" - something I was hugely sceptical about. And the phone has spent the evening stating "Refreshing SIM data", which makes it look like SOMEONE is trying to do something. But the Virgin SIM card is dead.

I am allegedly being phoned tomorrow at noon to "resolve the issue". What do you think the Capita staff member is going to say? I'm taking bets that he doesn't call at all, although I do now have his email address

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions

I'm betting that no one will call.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 5

riceuten
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I was allegedly going to get a call back by today from the "Transition Team" - which I don't believe exists (the bloke I spoke to was from "O2 Customer Retentions"!) promised on Saturday. I wonder if the name is just made up and that of his manager as well. Some of the stuff I've missed out (the above is a VERY condensed version) included being told I was an O2 customer now and I "needed to be put through to O2 Customer Services, as Virgin couldn't help me", and being put through (after the obligatory 20 minute wait) to....Virgin Customer Services. No, they couldn't explain this either. Oh, and the member of staff I spent an hour and 15 minutes trying to add O2 to my phone manually - according to the phone log, I never spoke to him.

So I think you're almost certainly correct.

Message 3 of 5

riceuten
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Guess what ?
They didn't call

Message 4 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147046 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28284 Solutions

What do I win slight_smile ?

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 5 of 5