Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 travel inclusive not working abroad

Darren123456
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I’m in Italy on Wi-Fi, otherwise my iPhone would not be able to post this. Yes data roaming in settings is on and I have o2 travel inclusive. It also didn’t work when I was in France. How can I fix this? 

Message 1 of 12
11 REPLIES 11

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

You only need O2 Travel Inclusive for travel outside of O2's Europe Zone, @Darren123456 - things to check for your current situation in Italy, and earlier in France here:

Check Roaming Data is switched on on the phone.

On your iPhone, change your data APN to "mobile.o2.co.uk"

Manually search for another network.

Switch airplane mode off, or toggle it off and on.
Reboot the phone.
Turn off 5G or 4G in Network settings.

If you have WiFi calling enabled, turn it off and repeat as above.
If still not working then contact O2 to remove the Roaming bar on your account - links to O2 Social Media below this post.

Good luck!

Message 2 of 12

Breanna
Former Staff
  • 1808 Posts
  • 117 Topics
  • 17 Solutions

Hi @Darren123456 were you able to get your roaming data working?

Message 3 of 12

Darren123456
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

No. 
I had called o2 and they removed the roaming bar on their end. I also did everything mentioned b @pgn . One thing was odd is if I turn off automatic on network selection and select a network, it will work very briefly before it stops working.

Message 4 of 12

pgn
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Darren123456
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I reset my network settings, but it did not work. I will go to the O2 store now that I am back in London, but I won't know if their next fixes will work until next time I travel abroad. Thanks for your help.

Message 6 of 12

pgn
  • 36133 Posts
  • 229 Topics
  • 1604 Solutions

Sorry to hear it did not work for you as it should whilst away. In the store, you might ask the O2 person if they can re-provision your SIM for iPhone and iData etc - there have been a few instances on the Forum where this fixed such issues, and has to be done by O2. They may issue a new SIM card, correctly provisioned for an iPhone, so make sure the roaming bar has been removed from the new SIM too before you leave the shop, @Darren123456. Good luck!

Message 7 of 12

JanPaul
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 0 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

EU taking for 02 does not work for anyone. I cancelled contract eventually but had to use a solicitor citing misrepresentation because I’m on the Virgin contract 

Message 8 of 12

jimthing0
Level 8: Talented
  • 412 Posts
  • 23 Topics
  • 2 Solutions

I find all these so-called international roaming add-ons as utterly rubbish (both in Europe and non-Europe), and quite frankly a complete waste of time. 

My mother was in Ireland visiting family a couple of months ago all over the place for two weeks, and she couldn't make calls nor receive calls from the UK, nor to/from Irish mobiles, nor get any mobile data facilities to work either. I couldn't even call her from London on cellular or data services (FaceTime, WhatsApp, Telegram, etc.) either. 

Given she isn't a tech wizard, this left us completely high and dry, effectively completely unable to contact each other during a busy time. And NO, it had nothing to do with those settings & account provisions above, as I know them inside-out; of course immediately her flight landed back in the UK, they all started working again. 

And this is the Rep of Ireland for heavens sake, not Afghanistan or somewhere remote, they're literally right next to us across a small piece of sea! I've had similar issue all across Europe, the US and Canada over the last couple of years too – forcing me to get local sims and completely ignore O2 partner services while away. 

This tells you everything you need to know about O2's QoS provisions for non-UK usage; they're non-existent. Clearly no one at O2 bothers to check if their customers are getting working services from deals they have with non-UK partners. 

At this stage, I'd rather they charge for roaming like everyone else does, so we can actually have a service that works. As the current situation with O2 is untenable, and no one at O2 thinks that's not the right way to behave when offering customers a service. 

Message 9 of 12

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6656 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1493 Solutions

@JanPaul wrote:

EU taking for 02 does not work for anyone. I cancelled contract eventually but had to use a solicitor citing misrepresentation because I’m on the Virgin contract 

Works for me, so you can't say it doesn't work for anyone.

Also, if you were on Virgin then O2 did not control their roaming. That is done in partnership with a Belgian network and not O2. 

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 10 of 12