cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 rudest customer service

Anonymous
Not applicable
There is nothing ruder than being ignored.

I emailed customer service from this site 3 times since 7th December and although I received an acknowledgement number for each not a single reply even when i moaned about being ignored.

Do O2 ever reply or are they just picking on me?

By the way it was just a simple tariff query but now they have a very unhappy customer who is now going to throw in my simplicity tariff for pay-as-you-go with someone else. At least that way I can save the frustration of dealing with complacent and arrogant organisations.
Message 1 of 25
24 REPLIES 24

Anonymous
Not applicable
This post is subject to a 'Fair Usage Policy'. You may only read it once !

grin grin grin
Message 21 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable

if you can find the law relating to that right and post the quote and proof then i will belive you but not untill then,

I did not say it was a law, please read posts properly before making comments. I said o2 have an escalation process, and you have the right to speak to a manager.....see below this extract from the o2 help pages and believe!

Making a complaint
At O2 we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, please tell us.
Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.
Our customer service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You can do this by clicking the 'Email Us' link below:
We'll look into your complaint immediately and try to sort the issue out as fully as we can. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our customer service team managers to investigate further.

We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you are still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and would like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

that paragraph says you may ASK to speak to a manager it does not give you the right to speak to one so if you ask to speak to one and they say no then thats it.

Message 22 of 25

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93527 Posts
  • 610 Topics
  • 6998 Solutions

if you can find the law relating to that right and post the quote and proof then i will belive you but not untill then,

I did not say it was a law, please read posts properly before making comments. I said o2 have an escalation process, and you have the right to speak to a manager.....see below this extract from the o2 help pages and believe!

Making a complaint
At O2 we always try to make sure things run as smoothly as possible for our customers. If you're unhappy with any part of our service, please tell us.
Your complaints give us a chance to put things right and also means we can improve our service to you and our customers in future.
Our customer service teams are in the best position to deal with your complaint and should be the first people you contact. You can contact them by phone, letter or email. You can do this by clicking the 'Email Us' link below:
We'll look into your complaint immediately and try to sort the issue out as fully as we can. If you're unhappy with our decision, ask for one of our customer service team managers to investigate further.
We hope that we will have been able to sort out any problems by this stage. However, if you are still not satisfied after speaking to one of our managers and would like an impartial review, please write to:

O2 Complaints Review Service

PO BOX 694

Winchester

SO23 5AP
More information here : How do I make a complaint?

that paragraph says you may ASK to speak to a manager it does not give you the right to speak to one so if you ask to speak to one and they say no then thats it.

I really think you are nit-picking here elom. A manager will speak to you if you insist and the next stage of escalation is to contact the complaints department either by email, letter or fax. What is your problem with this? Its in black & white on their website and put there so people know what route to follow should an adviser be unable to assist with their query.

Message 23 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree for a large company they are terrible and ridiculously disjointed. I was with both Vodafone and Orange before my contract with O2 and they had much better customer service.
The thing I really hate about O2 is that I cant just go to an O2 store to sort out broken phones and insurance claims like I could with Vodafone. Because I have an 'online' account I have to call them and deal over the phone.

You have an online account because it's cheaper for you an 02 to deal with you as a customer via the telephone and online.
If you want the advantage of going into a shop to sort out your problems / questions then go pay shop prices for the advantage.
Why should the people who pay shop prices subsidise you - taking up shop staff time - when you picked to pay (reduced rate) online?

More examples of something for nothing culture ...

I really think you are nit-picking here elom. A manager will speak to you if you insist and the next stage of escalation is to contact the complaints department either by email, letter or fax. What is your problem with this? Its in black & white on their website and put there so people know what route to follow should an adviser be unable to assist with their query.

He's not really is he ....

It says you can ask for the matter to be looked into which is fine - it does not say in black and white or any other colour you will speak to a manager right then.

It also says if after speaking to a manager after he's looked into the matter, which to me reads like once the matter has been looked into and they have contacted you at their convenience - if you're not happy then it goes further.
Message 24 of 25

Anonymous
Not applicable
I agree for a large company they are terrible and ridiculously disjointed. I was with both Vodafone and Orange before my contract with O2 and they had much better customer service.
The thing I really hate about O2 is that I cant just go to an O2 store to sort out broken phones and insurance claims like I could with Vodafone. Because I have an 'online' account I have to call them and deal over the phone.

You have an online account because it's cheaper for you an 02 to deal with you as a customer via the telephone and online.
If you want the advantage of going into a shop to sort out your problems / questions then go pay shop prices for the advantage.
Why should the people who pay shop prices subsidise you - taking up shop staff time - when you picked to pay (reduced rate) online?

More examples of something for nothing culture ...

He's not really is he ....
It says you can ask for the matter to be looked into which is fine - it does not say in black and white or any other colour you will speak to a manager right then.
It also says if after speaking to a manager after he's looked into the matter, which to me reads like once the matter has been looked into and they have contacted you at their convenience - if you're not happy then it goes further.

thank you!
Message 25 of 25