cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 removed my insurance without informing me thereof

Anonymous
Not applicable

I have been an O2 customer for many years. Now I feel outraged and I want to warn other O2 customers. My phone was badly damaged last Saturday and as I had signed up for insurance for my very expensive handset, I tried to make a claim. To my shock, I was told that my insurance had been cancelled by O2 without my having been informed thereof. Apparently this happens automatically when one pays one's bill late. I faced a £201 bill in February which led to my phone having been disconnected for a mere two hours! In spite of my having settled this bill within a few hours, O2 removed my insurance without letting me know! One of your insurance supervisors told me that this was completely in line with your terms and conditions. I believe this is outrageous. My bill amounts are very irregular, and often exceed £100, so I never noticed that I was not paying insurance since February. I think that your customers should be made aware of such shoddy business practice. I will take legal action should this matter not be resolved, but also want to inform other customers - be warned that this company thinks it can act with impunity and that the terms and conditions contain hidden clauses which can be seriously detrimental to the customer.

Message 1 of 26
25 REPLIES 25

perksie
Level 69: Guiding Light
  • 27019 Posts
  • 247 Topics
  • 1614 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:

@perksie wrote:

You can also contact O2 on Twitter using @Anonymous  should the need arise.

There's no gurantees that you will get a response from O2 though....... Astounded

Very true, but there is none from O2 Facebook or any other source either. slight_smile

To support Disasters Emergency Committee: http://www.dec.org.uk/appeals text Nepal to 70000 to send £5

Sky Unlimited Broadband - Windows 10 - Nexus 4 Android 5.1.1
Message 21 of 26

Anonymous
Not applicable

perksie wrote:

"Very true, but there is none from O2 Facebook or any other source either. :smileyhappy:"

Actually, they do reply to some posts, and they also reply via private messages, as they did in my case. I am not saying that a reply is guaranteed, but what have you got to lose if their phone operators are unhelpful. It obviously depends on the content of the post and the nature of the grievance. If one visits the Facebook site (www.facebook.com/o2uk), then many replies from O2 are visible. I only signed up for Facebook for this particular reason, as I do not do Facebook normally. It was a mere means to an end. Having succeeded, I have already deactivated my Facebook account. You won't be seeing much of me in this forum in future either. wink However, as I ticked the 'Email me when someone replies' box, I am still involved until this thread runs cold.

Best wishes

Message 22 of 26

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 145114 Posts
  • 635 Topics
  • 27833 Solutions
Shame you won't be sticking around - You are always welcome to join in the fun slight_smile
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
Message 23 of 26

Toby
  • 11577 Posts
  • 520 Topics
  • 213 Solutions

Hi @Anonymous ,

Great to hear that you got a solution and sorry to hear that the process was so laborious. You've posted some very interesting insights in this discussion and as many others have mentioned, I hope you stick around slight_smile

I'm Toby, the community coordinator and if you ever have any questions or suggestions for the community, do let me know

Fancy writing a great device review or O2 forum guide? Send me a message!

Get involved:
• New to the community? This is how you get help.
• Want to know who we are? Come and say hi to us.
• Want to have a chat? Drop me a direct message.

Message 24 of 26

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93262 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6984 Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

Dear MI5 and Toby,

Thanks for the invitation, and you appear to be friendly community. However, as I use my computer for a living, my quality time is spent using it as little as possible. I shall be back upon my next grievance. wink

Dear jonsie,

Thanks for the tip, have done.

Best wishes

Message 26 of 26