Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 insure won’t return my phone that’s currently with Dpd

CherylHolodnyj
Level 1: Joiner
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I have a Samsung s21 ultra that is 2 month old. Unfortunately I cracked the screen so I claimed for the first time on O2 insure. I was advised that they did not have my phone in stock offered me a cheap Chinese phone with no google and I refused. If I’m paying for a Samsung s21 ultra that is what I should have. 1 week later (today) I have a phone swap via DPD. They took my phone and I received what I thought was a Samsung s21 ultra. When I opened the box I had been sent the Samsung plus, a lower spec secondhand phone. I immediately rang and complained to be told my phone is out of stock and I could use this phone till one comes in stock. I refused and stated I will not use a phone I am not accepting and after reading dia reviews about 02 insure I asked for my own phone to be returned baring in mind my phone was still with the delivery company which will have tracking. O2 insure told me they could not send me my phone back. I will not be ripped off and I am prepared to go to court over this. I will not pay for a phone I do not have no o2 need to arrange collection of this secondhand phone I have not accepted. ABSOLUTELY FURIOUS and will cancel my direct debits and not pay another penny if not sorted by next week

Message 1 of 9
8 REPLIES 8

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

@CherylHolodnyj   You are between a rock and a hard place with this one. I totally support everything you say BUT the very last thing you should do is stop your direct debit. Your credit rating will drop and they will send debt collectors in.

Threaten O2 with a complaint and make one https://www.o2.co.uk/how-to-complain.

Also use Resolver (an independent free service) to help fight your case https://www.resolver.co.uk/companies/o2-complaints?territory_id=5 

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 2 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

@CherylHolodnyj 

This is where reading the T&C's is key - O2 Insure Damage Cover Tablets Laptops from 27 May 2021.pdf

Under Section 9 - they are within their rights...  and when you make a claim your phone no longer belongs to you it belongs to the insurance company. 

The full complaints process is detailed in Section 19, and means you can goto the FOS, as its an Insurance Policy. 

Also as @Cleoriff say's dont cancel your Direct Debit, especially with Insurance as you could find yourself unable to get insurance and get a CIFAS marker on your name and address which will make life very difficult (not trying to scare you but Insurance Companies have been known to do this for non payment of premiums when a claim has been made and paid out).

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 9

CherylHolodnyj
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Ive rang o2 insure again this morning and an order for a samsung s21 ultra has been made again and should be delivered tomorrow. I hope this is correct and my issue regarding my phone is resolved. Hopefully just got to wait and see about my complaint now as i was charged excess for next day swap whivh obviously hasnt happened as we are over a week since first claim. Im just relieved im hopefully getting the phone I should get. Thank you for the replies and it may be helpful in the future

Message 4 of 9

Cleoriff
  • 122353 Posts
  • 824 Topics
  • 7457 Solutions

Best of luck @CherylHolodnyj  wink

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 5 of 9

SusieH
  • 3 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I am having the same problem, rude customer services and offering me a cheap phone or dont have one. Did you win and get your phone replaced.  I am living in hope that if I hold out I will get my Samsung as well.

Message 6 of 9

Indlovubill
  • 7 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Join the club, O2 is a crooked organisation and DPD not much better. I was scammed into ordering a phone and refused delivery. The phone was supposed to be on its way back to O2 but now seems to be lost, or perhaps more likely stolen. 

Message 7 of 9

anticpated
Level 30: Meditator
  • 3412 Posts
  • 164 Topics
  • 53 Solutions

I thought a mobile phone from China doesn't cost much more than a South Korean handset.

Having a s21 ultra myself using a temporary phone as long as it supported AOSP and vanilla android then I would be fine with it for a short while.

Samsung and other flagship phones like Apple and huawei handsets are pretty short in supply 

Try to take a course to resolve the matter before making a complaint. And also as said mobile providers can ruin your credit file 

Samsung Galaxy S10, Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra
Message 8 of 9

madasaf1sh
Level 76: Forum Legend
  • 9983 Posts
  • 54 Topics
  • 2981 Solutions

If you think it has been stolen, then contact DPD and report it to them, and the police.. as you are accusing them and their staff of been thieves, with zero proof...

o2 is not a crooked organisation at all, you got scammed, and as part of the FCA rules to do with fraud they can tell you nothing, as that is classed as tipping off, as for all they know you could be involved in the scam..

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 9 of 9