Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 info given out to consumers via twitter re iPhone incorrect data settings

darrengf
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 2080 Posts
  • 60 Topics
  • 48 Solutions

So as you all know, we see many people on here regarding iPhone data settings not working while abroad.

this is now the info that is given on twitter

1 they asked for a pic of the settings. Bare in mind this person has been using an iPhone, been abroad and nothing has change at all.

C5D1827D-35C8-47C9-ABE7-8D232EA44344.jpeg

2 they then sent this back

88E2A0F9-CCB5-44A5-9DD5-910FF45B9FB9.jpeg

3. The person said do I need to change them back on the return.

o2 advise was no, they will work fine and you just carry on.

My main issue is that having 2 lots of settings by o2 is constantly causing this issue. Malgmate all the settings as one, no matter what phone you have.  All other networks can do this.

but the info been given, Is also worrying me.  If the person has been using a iPhone before, never changed their tariff and been overseas, why all of a sudden should settings need to be changed, unless there on the wrong tariff in the first place.

I've been to many places and have never ever once changed my settings. From USA To Europe. Using on aircraft to ships.

@Marjo @Martin-O2 @EmilieT is this something that can be looked at or even fed back.  One of the big issues we have in the forum.

what does everyone else think?

Need Help, Just ask. We are one big Family here in the o2 Forum.
Use iPhone XS Max dual sim, SE, Honor 10, IPad Pro 11, Apple Watch 4 LTE, 100+ Mpbs Barrier and a Record Player.

Message 1 of 14
13 REPLIES 13

Cleoriff
Level 94: Supreme
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

I agree with @MI5 on this. O2 are the only network, to my knowledge, where customers with iPhones have problems with APN settings when abroad. 

The numerous posts we have on here stating their iphone doesn't work when out of the UK is actually beyond a joke.

You also have to consider the poor customers who don't come here for advice. Spending a holiday or business trip  abroad with a non working phone is a poor experience when they are paying for a service.

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 11 of 14

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
Saves o2 money though 😛
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 12 of 14

Cleoriff
  • 122979 Posts
  • 826 Topics
  • 7470 Solutions

@MI5 wrote:
Saves o2 money though 😛

Yes it does, whilst the customer pays through the nose for a contract they can't use fully when abroad...

Veritas Numquam Perit

Girl in a jacket
Message 13 of 14

MI5
  • 144426 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions
You got it.
I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 14 of 14