Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 discount complaint - your opinion please

Anonymous
Not applicable
Hi,

I would like any follow O2 customers opinion on my current situation

At the end of last year I wanted to purchase another contract with O2 and wanted the iPhone 5!
As I am entitled to employee discount due to working with a business who is linked with O2 mobile phones, I then thought I'd use O2 again.

I went in store to purchase the phone with my discount code but phone was out of stock. I then rang 202 and was told I could purchase phone online and redeem discount in store! Also I have a print screen of a chat with a O2 agent stating not to worry just purchase it online and redeem discount in store later!

So I went ahead, purchased the phone online and a week later went in store and they filled out a form to redeem my discount which was sent off!

A month or so after I went back on the chat to confirm whether my discount was in process and I was told yes it would be added ok my 3rd contract month! Happy customers slight_smile

Yesterday I went on chat to be informed they do not give discounts iPhone 5!
Dialled 202 immediately for a woman to inform me that because I brought the phone online I can't have the discount!
She also told me how she was stuck with a iPhone 5 without discount because she brought it online as well!

I asked to speak to a manager who said that the lady was correct and I can't have any discount, he could offer me some money back but nothing near the £75 cash back I was told I was getting!

I've put in a complaint and I'd be more than happy to take this further!

Has anyone else had this situation?

They are also saying because it was brought online and dispatched from car phone ware house they can't apply the discount because they need all the contract money due to some law or something!

But surely because its O2 who have messed me around they should pay the £75???

Opinions please???
Message 1 of 5
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

At the end of last year I wanted to purchase another contract with O2 and wanted the iPhone 5!
As I am entitled to employee discount due to working with a business who is linked with O2 mobile phones, I then thought I'd use O2 again.

I went in store to purchase the phone with my discount code but phone was out of stock. I then rang 202 and was told I could purchase phone online and redeem discount in store! Also I have a print screen of a chat with a O2 agent stating not to worry just purchase it online and redeem discount in store later!

So I went ahead, purchased the phone online and a week later went in store and they filled out a form to redeem my discount which was sent off!

A month or so after I went back on the chat to confirm whether my discount was in process and I was told yes it would be added ok my 3rd contract month! Happy customers slight_smile

Dialled 202 immediately for a woman to inform me that because I brought the phone online I can't have the discount!
She also told me how she was stuck with a iPhone 5 without discount because she brought it online as well!

I asked to speak to a manager who said that the lady was correct and I can't have any discount, he could offer me some money back but nothing near the £75 cash back I was told I was getting!

They are also saying because it was brought online and dispatched from car phone ware house they can't apply the discount because they need all the contract money due to some law or something!

Opinions please???

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Taking into account what you have said it seems the information given to you was wrong which has concluded in you being messed about.

Its at this stage what 02 do to put it right that counts now.

How much have they offered you as a goodwill gesture ?

Is it close to the £75 you were expecting ?

Either negotiate on that or decline and complain through 02's online complaints procedure.

Hope all goes well for you and please come ack to update your thread with the outcome.

Message 2 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Anonymous wrote:
Hi,

Opinions please???

Hi and welcome to the forum.

Taking into account what you have said it seems the information given to you was wrong which has concluded in you being messed about.

Its at this stage what 02 do to put it right that counts now.

How much have they offered you as a goodwill gesture ?

Is it close to the £75 you were expecting ?

Either negotiate on that or decline and complain through 02's online complaints procedure.

Hope all goes well for you and please come ack to update your thread with the outcome.

Message 2 of 5

adamtemp64
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 16454 Posts
  • 312 Topics
  • 1316 Solutions

the t&c for the open offer are clear in how it can be redeemed. http://www.o2.co.uk/termsandconditions/promotions

The advice given by o2 on 202 and live chat was incorrect as only shop / telesales can do it.

As you have the chat proof lodge a formal complaint with the complaints review service as outlined here http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/SRVS/CGI-BIN/WEBCGI.EXE?New,Kb=Companion,question=ref(User):str(Mobile),C... and http://service.o2.co.uk/IQ/srvs/cgi-bin/webcgi.exe?New,KB=Companion,question=ref(user):str(RelatedHe...

iPhone 11 Pro 256gb on unlimited data
iPad Pro 12.9” 2020 256gb refresh o2 family discount
Apple Watch series 4
My first mobile was in 1995 a CM-R111 from sony on Cellnet.
Wincanton South Somerset (Full 4g 3G 2g indoor coverage) Remember we are all customers here not customer services

Message 3 of 5

Anonymous
Not applicable
The manager didn't say how much but his exact words were 'no where near the £75'

I have made a complaint, just hoping to get this sorted as soon as possible!

Thank you :).
Message 4 of 5

rawrz
Level 13: Prompter
  • 70 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 25 Solutions
if the phone was taken pre feb 14th then the phone would belong to cpw. meaning that any open code credits would not apply.
online chat should have left notes on the system too detailing what they told you. if you were mis advised then it should be honoured if that qas the basis on why you stayed with o2.

I would call them again and ask them to check the notes.

if you get no joy you would be best making a formal complaint
Message 5 of 5