cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Unable to use my Amazon prime discount as already have an account, despite….

Mr_pete_
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I phoned o2 today, my phone bill had been creeping up over the last few years. And in this sad world, loyal customers have to phone up to request a better deal (A shameful business strategy as far as I’m concerned). Thank god I’m not old, like my father who lives on his own and regularly gets taken for a ride by these big companies.

Anyway, this did work. I was paying £29 / month for 20gb and unlimited calls and texts.

now paying £16.99 / month for 30gb and unlimited calls and texts.

My next complaint, the included offer of a discount on my Amazon prime account. While on the phone I checked that I could I apply it on my current Amazon prime account, and was assured that that would be fine. It’s seems that’s not true.

Actually I would have to close my account and set up a new one..

I’d love to hear from someone from o2 about all the above point 

Message 1 of 4
3 REPLIES 3

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 147197 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28300 Solutions

@Mr_pete_ 

No one here from O2, but yes, the T&C's state that a new Amazon account is required.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 2 of 4

madasaf1sh
Level 77: Grand Master
  • 10703 Posts
  • 56 Topics
  • 3105 Solutions

@Mr_pete_ 

You wont hear from anyone from o2, on any of the points raised as this is a customer to customer community..  

There is no such thing as loyalty, as you just have a look arounds and if out of contract either change your tariff or leave... 

The rules around the Amazon Extra are set by Amazon, so might be worth a chat with them, but no matter who you get an offer from with Amazon its always the same.

- Xperia 1V - o2 and Spusu
- Pixel 8 Pro - o2 and Vodafone UK
Message 3 of 4

Enlli
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 7152 Posts
  • 51 Topics
  • 1591 Solutions

You won't have anyone from O2 here as this is a Customer to Customer forum with no O2 input.

As far as contract costs are concerned then if you are inactive at renewal time then you won't get the best deal. I'm paying less now for more that I was six years ago simply by being pro active.

With regards to Amazon, yes it would have to be a new account. This is an Amazon thing, not O2

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 4 of 4