Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 customer service is a disgrace

JamesT072
Level 1: Joiner
  • 1 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

I went on holiday for a week to Turkey and was hit with a bill of £147 extra onto of my bill making it over £180, I made sure my data was turned off whilst away but apparently these are roaming charges which I was unaware off.

My partner has an o2 sim only plan at £15, received no extra fees.

My mum rang me from uk which I was also charged for and then I was charged £2 a call 16 times for calls that lasted between 1second and 47 seconds .I don't know how this is.

I rang up and got speaking to a real numpty of an advisor who said there was nothing he could do, I asked to speak to a Manager and away he went ....he came back and said of you pay £117.25 now then I will pit you on a sim only plan at £17 a month and this will save you money, assuming after speaking to a manager that they had reduced the bill to £117, I paid it and he set me up my sim only plan.

I later discovered that the bill still stood at £184  and what he actually did was buy me out of my contract which had 3 months remaining...bloody stupid  ...so instead of having one issue, I now had 2 .

I rang the next day and asked for my contract to be reinstated and my money refunded which apparently they couldn't do.

I demanded to be put through to someone who could,  I spoke to a lady who assured me that I will get my money back as the plan he had set up didn't meet my needs,  she said she also raised a complaint to a manager and told me he would be in touch by next day.

Next day, no call from manager and no refund. 

3rd day phoning, stuck on phone for 90 mins and put of that 90 mins I must have spoken with someone for 20 of those 90 mins and the restbof the time I was on hold listening to crap music...issue still not resolved. 

Made complaint to customer review services, meant to be back in touch within 7 working days and nothing...terrible customer service ...so I rang yesterday and cancelled my services with them 

Message 1 of 2
1 REPLY 1

Enlli
Level 67: Unsung hero
  • 7793 Posts
  • 55 Topics
  • 1643 Solutions

Turkey would depend on which bolt ons you have and whether you are Contract or PAYG 

Did you check before you travelled?

1000009827.jpg

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 2 of 2