cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 censors my Internet connection.

Anonymous
Not applicable
I've tried to open a web page, and have been redirected to http://www.o2av.net/ageverify which on iPhone shows a page that requests my credit card number to prove my age.

Is that some kind of scam? If it's O2 really doing this, is such censorship even legal outside China!?

The page I've tried to open is completely innocent, but even if it wasn't, it's not O2's damn business!
Message 1 of 13
12 REPLIES 12

Anonymous
Not applicable
I simply called up and they removed it. Have you tried that?
They aren't snooping either, it's simply filters that have been put in place.

Yeah tried that mate. Was told I had to travel to nearest store or apply for a credit card with someone. Absolutely ludicrous. Complaint coming soon

It is a bit nuts. Especially when it's pay monthly phones that can only be purchased by over 18's. If parents then take the decision to hand them to kids that's their problem.
Message 11 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem. You go through the process with a visa , they charge a pound but credit you 2.50 on your bill .

It is ridiculous as all the details of the owner of the contract stipulate over 18... it should be auto set at activation to not censored.
Message 12 of 13

Anonymous
Not applicable
I had the same problem. You go through the process with a visa , they charge a pound but credit you 2.50 on your bill .
It is ridiculous as all the details of the owner of the contract stipulate over 18... it should be auto set at activation to not censored.

I have a visa card but unfortunately its a debit one. I am NOT getting a credit card just to be put through a check. Lol
Message 13 of 13