Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 or is it Oh boo?

Saveme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

My o2 experience has been dreadful. I was transferred from Virgin at end June. Prior to that in My, mobile data roaming in Spain and Portugal worked fine. Wouldn’t work when back in those countries in November. Called 2 advisors who were both helpful but couldn’t resolve my problem. Promised their IT dept would get back to me in max 10 days. Left me in a tricky situation as I couldnt use internet for anything like meals, addresses etc etc. Tried to research problem and the o2 Community suggested I change the Mobile Data APN and this worked.

Returned to UK and nothing from o2 IT (now 17 working days after promise)

Tried to call o2 twice in last few days about all this. My line to India was very bad and I had little idea what the person was saying. But within an hour, I was informed by text that I was getting a new SIM card. Today, I tried to find out why and what if any difference it would make. Had to use landline to make the call (mobile just couldn’t connect) spoke to someone in India who needed to do some research and after a total of 20 mins, I was just cut off. Really exasperated.

Complaints: 1) Transition from Virgin to o2 didn’t work 2) Advisors we’re not knowledgeable 3) IT department has not responded 4) Only contact method is via India where the connection is too poor for my phone - why no email? 5) Cut off during advice and no effort made ro re contact me.

Is there a really good reason to stay with o2? If yes, how do I make it work for me?

Message 1 of 8
7 REPLIES 7

gmarkj
Level 66: Unequalled
  • 12073 Posts
  • 94 Topics
  • 1124 Solutions

The whole transfer has not been well managed @Saveme. We see lots of complaints of things going wrong. Admittedly we don't know how many go well as they probably have no reason to be here!

o2 should have sent you a new sim card for the transfer.

Do you have an iPhone? o2's systems need you to have something called the iData bolt on if you do so that everything works while you are away.

If you need to contact customer services we recommend calling just after 8am.

Please note, this is not customer services and we cannot access your account. Do not publish personal details (email, phone number, bank account).

Link to our guide on how to contact them can be found here

Message 2 of 8

Saveme
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Many thanks. I guess from what you are saying (and my experience so far) is that it is best to only have low expectations of o2. Interestingly, both the Telefonica and Liberty Global share prices (they jointly own o2), are trading at about about 50% of their value of 5 years ago. Perhaps that tells us something.

Message 3 of 8

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 144409 Posts
  • 634 Topics
  • 27678 Solutions

As long as you don't expect anything a regular network would provide you won't be disappointed.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.

Currently using:
Pixel 7a (O2 & Lyca), One Plus 6 (Sfr), iPhone 12 Pro Max (Vodafone)
Message 4 of 8

Bambino
Level 84: Resplendent
  • 23093 Posts
  • 1026 Topics
  • 3676 Solutions

@Saveme If you find no good reason to stay, here's how to leave: Cancelling your contract - An updated guide - O2 Community

I DO NOT WORK FOR O2

Funniest-Thread-2
Message 5 of 8

Enlli
Level 65: Ultra-cool
  • 6605 Posts
  • 49 Topics
  • 1488 Solutions

The joint venture is between two  that have made no secret about getting out of the UK

Join together, creat synergies then flog off to some hedge fund

This is not O2 and we are all customers here similar to yourself and cannot answer account type queries.
Message 6 of 8

Oxonian
Level 28: Ingenious
  • 5684 Posts
  • 98 Topics
  • 21 Solutions

@Saveme 

You mention complaints ; please bear in mind that this is a customer to customer forum and that nobody from O2 will read your post or act on it. There is a formal complaints procedure but that will put your issue on hold whilst your complaint is resolved. I suggest that you follow the advice of @gmarkj and 'phone Customer Service just after 8.00am. That will maximise your chances of getting an advisor in a UK call centre, as they tend to be more experienced. 

The main reason to stay with O2 is that Customer Service is mediocre across the UK mobile network operators. Hence, if you leave, you are likely to find that Customer Service is no better elsewhere. Review of the other networks' customer forums will give you a flavour as to who has problems with what.      

Message 7 of 8

jonsie
Level 94: Supreme
  • 93248 Posts
  • 609 Topics
  • 6980 Solutions