cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 can't sort out the problem that I can't send or receive texts after migration from Virgin

RichardJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Since I was migrated to O2 from Virgin and ported my number, I cannot send or receive texts. I have spoken to O2 customer service staff on  Nov 9th, Nov 13th, Nov 15th and Nov 17th. Each time they have said that they would escalate the issue and get back to me. Each time they have failed to do so. On the last occasion, Christina 'absolutely promised' (her words) that she could contact me, after saying she would email the 'back room' who would respond within 4 hours. I'm still waiting for that response. I need to be able to receive texts from my doctor and for security checks so this is important. A very poor initial experience of O2's customer service

Message 1 of 5
4 REPLIES 4

pgn
Level 75: Digital Don
  • 37211 Posts
  • 238 Topics
  • 1697 Solutions

You can reach out to the O2 Social Media Team on Facebook or Twitter or Instagram, @RichardJ - at the link just below. They do not drop the call, you can ping them every now and then, and they do make a difference, as I wrote about last May or so: https://community.o2.co.uk/t5/Other-Products-and-Services/O2-Web-Top-Up-not-recognising-a-valid-O2-P...

Good luck!

Message 2 of 5

Oxonian
Level 31: Resolver
  • 7454 Posts
  • 141 Topics
  • 25 Solutions

@RichardJ 

If the need to "...receive texts from my doctor..." indicates a health issue, you might find this link useful :-

Accessibility & Vulnerable Customers Policy | O2

https://www.o2.co.uk/access-for-all/accessibility-vulnerable-customers-policy

There is a link therein to a Support Request Form that you can use to contact O2 in writing. 

Message 3 of 5

MI5
Level 94: Supreme
  • 146852 Posts
  • 636 Topics
  • 28259 Solutions

The purpose of that is for deaf, blind, speech impaired etc customers.

Let's not dilute another service needlessly.

Just because someone needs a doctor does not mean that they are vulnerable.

I have no affiliation whatsoever with O2 or any subsidiary companies. Comments posted are entirely of my own opinion. This is not Customer Service so we are unable to help with account specific issues.
Please select the post that helped you best and mark as the solution. This helps other members in resolving their issues faster. Thank you.
Message 4 of 5

RichardJ
Level 1: Joiner
  • 2 Posts
  • 1 Topics
  • 0 Solutions

Thanks, @pgn, that's a helpful suggestion

Message 5 of 5